Here it is! 48 cars that ran for the 2001 Cup. These are the primaries. They are high res but have low-res crews.
1. Dodge was introduced back into the sport for the first time since 1985, and got their first win since 1978. Sterling Marlin won their first race at the Pepsi 400 at Michigan.
2. Dale Earnhardt Sr. died after hitting the wall on the last lap in the Daytona 500. He suffered a basilar skull fracture.
3. Kevin Harvick replaced Dale Earnhardt for the rest of the season starting at Rockingham. He won 2 races, including at Atlanta by beating Jeff Gordon by .006 seconds. Like Earnhardt and Labonte the year before.
4. NASCAR aired on FOX and NBC/TNT for the first time ever. After Earnhardt died, they did a silent lap 3 in memory of Earnhardt.
5. Due to the 9/11 attacks, the New Hampshire 300 was moved from September 16 to the last race after Thanksgiving on Friday, November 23.
6. There were 19 different winners, including 5 first time winners and 3 who broke their long winless droughts
7. Jeff Gordon won his 4th and final Cup Championship.
8. Ryan Newman and Jimmie Johnson started their Cup careers in 2001.
Numbers: Me, Big Evil Racing
Logos: Me, Google, Racin Grafx, Thunder98, Masgrafx
Ratings: NRatings (Used 2001 Masgrafx CUP Ratings, except for Dale Earnhardt since he only ran at the Daytona 500 because... well you know. I used 2000 ratings for him to make him more competitive)