24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Trump 2020 Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2011 AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway Weekend Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relly

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Damn...Tony is on fire. I had my fingers crossed Ryan's fuel would hold out but judging on what happened w/Burton he didn't have a chance.

I don't envy Carl in the least...Tony is one of the last people I want breathing down my neck with 2 races to go.

I can't freakin' wait until Phoenix

Hendrick4life

309 Wins | 16 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes Phoenix will be a test indeed. Congrats to the entire #14 team on their hard work. I wonder if Carl will hold them off. I can see this coming down to Homestead like last year. Theoretically and Mathematically Jimmie Johnson is still in it.

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Kyle Busch, -100, 11th in points, mathematically eliminated.

lolololoolollolollololol
Eh, he would've never won the title anyway. He's always a choker in the Chase.

C'mon Tony, add that Sprint Cup to your existing Winston Cup and Nextel Cup.:p

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes! Congrats to Tony Stewart and the #14 team! 4 of 8 races? I did not see that coming. Too bad Carl finished second, that #99 team defiantly has what it takes to gain positions back at the end of the race. I would love to see Tony win his first race at Homestead and his third championship!

It would have been great to see Jeff Burton win the race. And I thought Kyle would be better than 12th in the points. :D 11th c.c Kyle

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score
"3:16pm–Tries to hide tears at the start as 42 of the best drivers in the world and Josh Wise take the green flag'
4:07pm–Annoys John Roberts with his terrible Dave Despain impression
4:29pm–Goes to port-a-potty
4:30pm–Cries in port-a-potty
5:03pm–Tries to juggle lug nuts
5:09pm–Nearly blinds self with lug nut to the eye
6:08pm–Drums on motorcoach steering wheel, humming “Tik Tok” by Ke$ha"

That's hilarious.

Last edited:

HMAC80

SRD Member
Reaction score
The only great part about this race was seeing the 2 guys going for it all, well, go for it all! Other than that, I'm glad there was football on all day.

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
^But not since they reconfigured and added banking. He won on the old, flat track in '99 and 2000.

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
SRD Member
Reaction score
Carl won both Phenoix and Homestead last year, I know phenoix is a variable now but this is going to be a close championship. Go 99!

ckgordon24

SRD Member
Reaction score
Got back from the track yesterday. Was gonna check in then but I was wiped. Had fun and it was a great race. Also getting my 2011 1/24 scale Gordon Phoenix win car was good too.

Pabig

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Smoke is THE MAN right now. 4 wins in the chase is superb, he will winn the cup this year and will be the first owner/driver to do so since Alan Kulwicki in 1992

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
Smoke is THE MAN right now. 4 wins in the chase is superb, he will winn the cup this year and will be the first owner/driver to do so since Alan Kulwicki in 1992
That would be great but the #99 still has been running well enough to hold him off.

Jayski said:
Toyota shut out of championships: per SPEED's Tom Jensen, "This is the first time since 2005 that Toyota has been totally shut out in driver and manufacturer championships in NASCAR's top 3 series."(11-7-2011)
This is so odd, I would not have thought that back in the summer when they were pulling away in truck and Nationwide. This year in Nascar has had so many things that are surprising to have happen! It's great that it's been so unpredictable!

TJBartel

SRD Member
Reaction score
Tony has really turned it up, no doubt. He has an excellent shot. I never expected this considering his pre-chase performace.
I would not say he is an "owner/driver" in the same manor as Kulwicki though, Stewart/Haas is a Hendrick operation to a large extent.

jaqua99

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
eh, I still am not sold, he backed into 2 wins in the chase, maybe 3, hasn't been strong enough, so I am not sold

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
Nascar said:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has fined Kyle Busch $50,000 and placed him on probation until Dec. 31 for his actions during the Nov. 4 Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.

Busch violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2011 NASCAR Rule Book. NASCAR took immediate action, parking Busch for the remainder of Friday night's event and maintaining the parked position for the Nationwide and Sprint Cup events scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway. On Monday, the parking directive was lifted by NASCAR.

In issuing Monday's penalty, NASCAR went on to say that "if during the remaining NASCAR events in 2011 there is another action by the competitor that is deemed by NASCAR officials as detrimental to stock car racing or to NASCAR, or is disruptive to the orderly conduct of an event, the competitor will be suspended indefinitely from NASCAR."
I didn't think that this was big enough of news for it's own thread. Only $50,000? I was expecting more than that. Kyle better not get into any more trouble these last 3 or 4 races this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.