1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2011 AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway Weekend Discussion!

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by 4WideRacing, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

^The $50,000 is larger than most fines for drivers' on track actions.

The real story is that Kyle is now skating on thin ice...with a bunch of polar bears jumping up and down on it. One wrong move and Kyle plunges through to the icy, irrecoverable depths of indefinite suspension.

1 person likes this.
  2. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

The fine was larger but so was what happened including sitting out of two races.

3. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

I think NASCAR factored the two race parking into his monetary fine. Remember, he didn't get any purse money from either race he didn't run.

4. Bwallace83

Bwallace83 Winning.

I gotta say, that was a BEAUTIFUL metaphor.

I really hope Kyle gets the message though. As exciting and controversial as it was for us, it would suck to see him lose his sponsors and rides because of terrible self control. But i guess on the other hand, him losing a ride would make everyone a little safer. right? lol

2 people like this.
  5. 4WideRacing

Losing his ride wouldn't because he still has his own team. :D But if he messes up and Nascar kicks him out then it could be considered safer for the other drivers.

6. Pabig

Pabig Well-Known Member

That 50.000 fine is a joke, they should have parked him for 2011 and maybe the first 5 or 6 races of 2012... at least!

7. 4WideRacing

For doing what? What he did was not anywhere close to bad enough for that.

1 person likes this.
  8. Pabig

Pabig Well-Known Member

Not bad enough? He could have killed Ron! That was a very viscous hit and he destroyed a drivers title hopes on purpose. That's enough for a 7-8 race ban to me.

9. 4WideRacing

Maybe in the truck series but not in cup. Did you say that about Carl when he flipped Brad over? What about when Carl spun Brad into the wall for the win (I forgot where it was but it was in the Nationwide series)?

10. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

Attendance Spring 2011
    Truck Race = 40,000
    NNS Race = 77,200
    Cup Race = 168,400

Attendance Fall 2011
    Truck Race = 56,500
    NNS Race = 69,000
    Cup Race = 151,000

Total Seating = 191,122

There is only one explanation for that. 16,500 extra people came to watch Shrub in the Truck race while 8,200 & 17,400 Shrub fans didn't attend the NNS & Cup race.

2 people like this.
  11. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

Yes. And I still have no respect for Carl after those incidents.

12. 4WideRacing

I wasn't talking about respect.

1 person likes this.
  13. Markfan

Markfan Sim Racing Designosaur

Kyle Busch's retaliation move was far more blatant than Edwards', it's as simple as that.

It's not actually that bad that he got off with "just" a one race suspension. Now he has at least four attempts to do something boneheaded enough to get him permanently banned before the season is up.

14. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Kyle will keep his nose clean the rest of the season, but he has some serious work for the rest of his career to try and salvage a decent image for himself, if he ever can. I was actually hoping for a rest of season ban to really give him time to think things over while his fellow competitors were out doing what they love. If Gibbs fires him, then his competitive Cup career is pretty much over.

15. 4WideRacing

Really? I remember Carl went looking for Brad at Atlanta.

1 person likes this.
  16. Markfan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FgeopsJKIM]2010 NASCAR Atlanta Carl Edwards vs Brad Keselowski (Part 1) - YouTube[/ame]

vs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDBd0CLjOwc]NASCAR Kyle Busch Spins Out Ron Hornaday - YouTube[/ame]

It's really no contest for which is more obvious: running over the back of someone under caution when they aren't even at race speed and WRECKING them is different from spinning them out. I'm not defending what Edwards did, but the people that think that Edwards was trying to kill Keselowski are being ridiculous. It's quite obvious that Carl was just dumping him and assumed that Brad would simply spin out. Kyle, on the other hand, went out of his way to ensure that Ron would have a DNF.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    2 people like this.
  17. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

I read an article about what could happen if Gibbs fired Busch...he'd have nowhere else to go...not only are the big teams full, but he's burned every bridge he's ever crossed...

Hendrick? Nope.

RCR?...Nope, and hold my watch.

Roush?...Jack's already dealt with one. He doesn't need another.

Penske?...One Busch is enough.

SHR?...Tony wouldn't....ever.

Which means...if Gibbs fires him, he'd be looking at 2nd tier teams...MWR, RPM, whatever RBR may become...and regarding Kyle, he wouldn't *harummph* lower himself to that level.

18. Markfan

The repercussions for KBM would be pretty strong, too. Joe Gibbs' and Toyota's engine teams are merging next year, so if Gibbs cuts all ties to Kyle, Kyle Busch Motorsports would be forced to switch manufacturers or resort to using mediocre motors.

19. 4WideRacing

I don't see why JGR would cut ties with KBM. It's a business deal that sponsors should not care about.

20. Markfan

What do sponsors have to do with Gibbs? If Kyle Busch is released from Joe Gibbs Racing because of his behavior, would it be likely that he would still send Kyle [purchased] resources? He would still be associated with Gibbs then, and Joe may or may not want to have him around his group in any form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.