1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2011 AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway Weekend Discussion!

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by 4WideRacing, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Not defending Kyle by any means (you all know my stance on KB right now), but he's not the only one to do something extremely stupid under caution, intentional or not. You guys remember Jeff Burton plowing his and Gordon's car into the wall last year at Texas? He may not have meant to do it, but the end result was the same. Granted, Burton has a heck of a lot more respect amongst fans and drivers alike, but his actions were still stupid. And remember, I'm only referring to the on track actions, not anything done or said before or after. Just comparing the two incidents, side by side.

2. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

I've heard from a person who I know that is involved with Penske Racing that Penske has reached out and told Kyles agent/manager that they have an open seat for him if he needs it.

KBM get's their motors from Triad not JGR or TRD.

KBM
    RWI/RWR (whatever Rusty is calling his team this week)
    Germain
    MWR/JTG
    Red Horse Racing
    RAB Racing
    Win-Tron Racing
    NEMCO

All get their engines from TRT.

1 person likes this.
  3. Markfan

Markfan Sim Racing Designosaur

Oh, for some reason I thought that Kyle got them from Toyota Racing Development.

4. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

The only reason JGR will kick Kyle out this time will be because of lack of sponsorship if the sponsors leave or want Kyle replaced.

5. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

That is really tough for me to believe. Penske is a very professional and straight laced organizaiton. The Captain's been able to deal with Kurt, wherein his antics are really only over the radio, now, and doesn't cause nearly the media and personel upheaval that he used to.

I can't see him putting up with Kyle's on and off track antics...something tells me The Captain would not have the patience to deal with everything Shrub brings to the table.

6. TJBartel

TJBartel Well-Known Member

Exactly. The people footing the bill have the biggest say, which is why Reutimann is gone.
    With the incredible talent KB has I don't see him getting axed this time, BUT, I think this may be his last chance to get his temper under control. I believe he will, othher drivers in the past that had the "wake up call" answered it and straightened out.

7. 4WideRacing

I just got done talking to my mailman, he's a Jr fan and a Kyle hater. :(

While we were talking I thought of why it is that Kyle gets into more trouble in the truck series. It isn't ANYTHING to do with crew chief/spotter it has to do with the whole series being a much more aggressive/beat and bang kind of racing. Since Kyle doesn't like others racing him hard it only makes sense that he would get into more trouble in the truck series.

Also I didn't post this on Friday because I didn't like how the thread was going and didn't want it to be locked before the cup race even started. :D

Kyle made a mistake.

Click on the link to see what I mean and meant when you guys thought I was defending Kyle by saying it was a mistake.

And if you don't want to click the link here it is.

I think #1 fits what happened with Kyle exactly!

8. Phantomguy24

Phantomguy24 TyV2

Yes, and it also applies to everybody who's ever dive bombed a corner, gone three wide, or made a driving error. Thing is Kyle knew exactly what he was doing. He got a hot head and plowed through Ron Horniday. I'm pretty sure at the time Kyle wasn't saying to himself "woops i made a mistake". Frankly anyone who calls what Kyle did a mistake is lying to themselves.

9. 4WideRacing

He knew what he was doing but whatever in the back of his head made him do it was a mistake to decide to do it. In other words he made a mistake when deciding "I'll wreck that ****" instead of "I'll get my truck fixed and go talk to Ron after the race". See what I mean?

10. TJBartel

TJBartel Well-Known Member

as opposed to the guy that goes to the garage,gets car repaired and comes back onto track to intentionally wreck the guy that he had trouble with at race speed.

1 person likes this.
  11. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

Are we still comparing this to Carl? let it go guys its old news on to Phenoix!!!

12. 4WideRacing

It was such a huge thing one can only expect it to be talked about a lot. When they actually get on the track in Phoenix I'm sure the attention will go to Phoenix.

13. Phantomguy24

Phantomguy24 TyV2

Sure you can look in hindsight and call any bad decision a mistake. But regardless of what the dictionary says, if you do something with intention and you know the possible consequences, it's not a mistake. By your logic all the bad decisions we make in life can be attributed to mistakes. If i walk into a store and steal a pack of gum, was it a bad decision? Yes. Was it a mistake? Not at all. Kyle made an impulsive decision. But did he make a mistake? No.

14. 4WideRacing

The problem is that people don't use the English langue exactly making words lose value.
    Kyle made a mistake but not a honest mistake. Honest mistake is what most people think of a mistake as. There are major differences in how words are used.

As you can tell, I get into English too much. Especially the wording.

15. ValvolineMan

ValvolineMan Well-Known Member Banned

You're using the denotation, while everyone else is using the connotation.

16. 4WideRacing

Yeah, but they seem to jump down my neck as if I was wrong....

I hope I'm just reading into it too much!

17. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

I get that, but bringing up the Carl and Brad Atlant race (1st one) from last season and comparing it is nonsense. Diffrent drivers, diffrent situation and its so old news. Kyle has had more run-ins and issues with drivers and officals then most active drivers combined and I am sure we will see more. Thats just him like it or not. Anyway Phenoix is getting closer be glad to see this thread go away.:-/

18. Phantomguy24

Phantomguy24 TyV2

Not trying to take a shot or anything, but it seems to me you're just trying to soften the hate on Kyle Busch. Just because the dictionary said it was a mistake, doesn't mean people will think it is. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who disagrees with this even if i'm the only one who's voicing my opinion. Kyle did not make a mistake in most people's books, I guess your book just looks like a dictionary.

19. 4WideRacing

I'm not trying to soften the hate of Kyle. An error in action caused by poor reasoning doesn't sound like softening to me.

Maybe instead of mistake I should just say a major flaw in judgement?

By the way you are not the only one to voice your opinion.

20. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

How is using the correct word for this situation trying to "soften the hate"??

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.