1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2012 Daytona 500 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Sgt Slaughter, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taz1458

taz1458 #LetsGoPens

For red flags usually being boring I had a blast. Between BK on twitter and the orange cone, they had me laughing like hell the entire time. I seen absolutely nothing wrong with what BK did. As long as he doesnt start doing it under yellow flags and such, but I think he is smarter then that.

1 person likes this.
  2. JRRacing64

JRRacing64 Well-Known Member

Only Daugherty would spew nonsensical crap like that. That is one of the reasons I just plain hate Brad Daugherty. He speaks more out of his backside then he does out of his mouth. He just comes off as a typical ESPN analyst, highly uneducated to the inner workings of the sport but tries to sound like he does and It just comes off as contrived. He also ignores all common sense to just create controversy. I swear my ears bleed a little whenever this guy talks...

I saw nothing wrong with what Brad or anyone else was doing on the back stretch was doing. People just need to lighten up a little and let them be freaking people...

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

While I don't really hate Brad Daugherty.
    That WAS the stupidest thing he ever said.

4. TLmac55

TLmac55 Well-Known Member

Agreed! That red flag had me entertained the whole time! I'm a huge Terry Labonte fan and to see him talkin to Danica for so long was pretty cool! Not to mention that B Kes answered one of my question on twitter when he was on the back! It was pretty cool!

5. tipptruck

tipptruck Well-Known Member

There is a reason why the only times I watch ESPN is when there is a race or college football on. ESPN tends to make a bigger deal out nothing then any other network. They realize with the internet and other forums of media. That there ratings are dropping. I don't know about you guys but sports center had become the biggest joke. I remember in the 90s you would see a hour of sports center. They would show almost all the highlights of every game. It didn't matter if it was the spring when the NBA NHL and MLB were going on. There might be a few 30 second sound bites in there from time to time. Now the only way they show clips from teams with cretin players on them. Then they decided to talk about a said person for 10 minutes.

Plus ESPN non former pro guys are ban wagon fans. on day they like a team or player. The next week they hate him because he didn't run for over 100 yards, win a super bowl, or score 30 points. The only ones to mean that mean any thing are ex players, coaches, and Berman. Even though I don't like him he knows his stuff.

6. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Yeah, it was definitely the most entertaining red flag I've ever sat through. Keselowski actually made me like him after seeing his iPhone shenannigans and it was really cool seeing them all standing around and goofing off. It made them seem more real, if that makes sense.

7. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Weirdest speedweeks ever but ALL of the races were awesome.

8. Markfan

Markfan Sim Racing Designosaur

I was being sarcastic, you know. lol

9. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

So I just remembered how funny it was when Kenseth was messing with Yocum during the Red Flag. Don't ask why that popped in my head, but I think that made everything just a lot less tense. That and the phone being passed around. Good to know that every driver has a sense of humor and can get along with the other drivers easily.

10. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Ill never play the Danica Drinking Game ever again. Fox, she was running like 60 some laps down, did we really have to show her every 20 mins???

11. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

They had too considering how many people were watching the race only to follow her.

12. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

Biffle just told all you guys that THINK it was team orders "to suck it" on Race Hub.

13. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

So he admits he's not a great driver? What other option is there? It looked like twice on the last lap he started to pull out from Kenseth and decided to stick with him. Why didn't he pull out from Kenseth and go with Jr?

14. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

This line could be misconstrued in so many ways... XD

1 person likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Well-Known Member

Yeah you could see on the backstretch Jr hit him hard and biffle had a chance to move high and go, but wiggled and tucked right back behind Matt. Must have been a hard shot if he wiggled that much

16. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

Well he said they couldn't catch him with what they tried, you guys need to start enjoying racing instead of criticizing it every chance you get. Watch the interview anyway before you accuse him of anything, he gets his point across.

17. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Especially when almost all of these new points of criticism are completely baseless such as slamming Biffle & Roush when Hendrick and DEI, including Dale Earnhardt Sr., have done precisely what Biffle did in the past. It's not in the least bit constructive. It's become complaining for the sake of complaining. Eventually it becomes like nails on the chalkboard.

If you don't like that kind of racing, that's fine, but maybe we could ease up on the hyperbole a bit. Kenseth & Biffle clearly had the two best cars on the track in the 500.

1 person likes this.
  18. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Greg said it wasn't team playing but your post makes it sound like that is what it was. What's wrong with saying we think that Greg was being a team player even if he claims that he wasn't?

19. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

It's irrelevant.

If he was a team player, fine. It's been done before. The whole 2 car tango that people all of a sudden were whining about wanting back midway through the 500 (after whining about wanting the pack back last season) was a team deal.

Even in the old pack racing, like Matt said, teamwork was key. Think the '01 500 and Dale blocking for the 15 and 8. It's not anything new.

If Biff wasn't, its even more of a non-issue. So he an Jr. couldn't get to Matt. The 17 and 16 were rockets.

20. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

If people could understand the gulf of difference between being a team player, and *team orders* there wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, doesn't seem like anyone in the news media or general public does. Because of that, obviously Greg would deny team anything.

Team orders hurts racing, but drivers being a team player earns a driver respect amongest his peers, owners, and sponsors. That's what I saw Greg doing. I don't have a problem with drivers being a team player. It's been a part of Nascar ever since multi-car teams took off in the mid-late 1990s. That's why I take issue with this new Biffle-hating. It's team orders you need to be vigilant about, not being a team player in pack plate racing.

And once again, Kenseth & Biffle obviously had the field flat out covered. Jr. tried his best, but only got to 2nd. That's racing. Time to move on and get 'em next week.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.