1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2012 Daytona 500 Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Sgt Slaughter, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

So now we can't complain about Biffle team playing and then saying he didn't? If you are team playing just come out and say it but don't say that you aren't. It looked like he had two chances to pass Matt on the last lap and decided not to but we don't know for sure. I believe that he was team playing (and that's not my issue with him) maybe he wasn't like he said. I have never raced in real life and defiantly haven't raced in cup so maybe he tried to pass Matt and for whatever reason wasn't able to. I'm going to leave it at that.

2. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I think the number of posts about complaining are about to surpass the number of actual complaining posts.

But seriously I don't care if Hendrick or DEI have done the same thing Biffle did the other night. Now get ready for nails on the chalkboard. I just don't get why Greg didn't really even attempt to make a pass. IMO he would have a Harley Earl right now if he tried to make a move. Jr. pulled out and passed Greg without any help and I believe if Greg had went to block Jr. it would have been Biffle at the line.

3. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

He also said something pretty cool on race hub. That with the new EFI they record the race telemetry which NASCAR get for review and the last two laps on the 16 were 100% throttle all the way. He then went to mention that NASCAR may start making the telemetry of the top 5 cars public at every race. then he went on to say the suck it comment.

4. 4WideRacing

Just because he was going 100% for the final 2 laps doesn't mean that he wasn't able to use the draft to get around Matt. It would be cool to see the telemetry for the top cars!

5. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

Doesn't mean he didn't drag the brake. (And before I'm labeled as a whiner, I don't care if he was being a team player, or really couldn't catch him, I'm just pointing that out)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

He said no brakes 100% throttle. He also said what he needed to do was drag the brake and put some distance on the 17 so him and the 88 could have got a run at him. Speed.com still hasnt posted the interview they should soon, it was pretty good.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  7. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I guess brake application would show up in EFI data.

8. 4WideRacing

The quote you have there says it has to do with him blocking, nothing about not pulling out to pass Matt. :-/

9. tipptruck

tipptruck Well-Known Member

As for the breaking showing up on the data. That really depends on what type of system there using. There are thousands of ways to measure telemetry. In a sport like NASCAR breaking telemetry is not as important as say in road racing. I bet NASCAR has on on the gas pedal to figure out the efi and how effective it is.

10. K.Chuck

K.Chuck --Hijinxtattoo--

11. B.McKeever

B.McKeever Well-Known Member

Who cares - honestly - if Biffle laid off to allow Kenseth to win. It's his decision, not ours. Put your money where you mouth is, fund a competitive car, put yourself in his position and THEN decide what you're going to do. Go for the win and jeopardize losing both cars to a wreck or stick behind teammate and get a 1-2 finish? (It ended up 1-3) That 1-3 finish earned Roush some serious cash. If Biffle would've gone for lead and wrecked Kenseth and himself, causing Roush a ton of cash, Roush wouldn't be happy. Do you do things at work that will upset your boss? I sure as hell don't. If I did, I wouldn't have a job very long.

12. The Captain

The Captain Well-Known Member Banned

Only a moron would cause a wreck with that much track to work with. Oh wait. I forgot we were talking about Greg Biffle.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. ModSquadRacing

ModSquadRacing Well-Known Member

So, unless we own or drive a Cup car, we're not allowed to discuss incidents that happened during a race? I dont think anybody is saying it wasnt his decision to make. Some dont feel he made a legit attempt to win the race, and therefore are wondering why.

A lot of the drivers out there arent concerned with the purse and would gladly risk a wreck for a chance to win the Daytona 500. Same goes for the owners too (maybe minus some of the underfunded teams).

Its just my opinion, but I think that might be a little extreme. I highly doubt Biffle would've gotten canned, had he made a move that tore up both Roush cars.

14. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Yeah, I think it's time to just move on to Phoenix.

8 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.