1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

2016 comes to a close. Thank you to the entire staff and owner.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Alan Harkleroad, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

As I take over the reigns of the site I want to end the 2016 season with a massive round of applause for all the folks who take the time and energy to make this place go. But first a massive thank you to Matt for starting it all, and for the confidence to let me take over. It is an enormous responsibility and not one I take lightly. I have a lot of homework to take on during the off season. But I am honored to have the opportunity. When I came to SRD and learned of its stature in the Sim Racing community all I wanted to do was paint here. Having been able to do that and now be responsible for its day to day operations to look at the ship and try to guide this great team of folks who provide their time to make this place go is an honor and privilege.

Thanks to the site staff who keep things in order around here and make sense of the chaos. Your work is appreciated, you are often the enemy of many for trying to keep the peace but your work is very much appreciated and unseen but not forgotten.

Thank you so very much to the paint crew. Your hard work has resulted in hundreds of cars, logos, and thousands of downloads for the 2016 season. The numbers do not lie. You give your best and your time to create top notch work for the masses. Through the praise, critiques, bitching, and life obstacles you still find time to hammer away to provide a product for free to those you have never met. So thank you for the hundreds of hours you logged this season creating logos, working on textures and designs. Until a person has completed a commitment like this they cant truly understand but having done this along side of many of you for years now I know just how much effort goes into each and every car. Every detail is important and I thank you for your pain staking attention to detail and commitment to SRD.

So thats all for now. Please take a moment and thank the fine folks here who have given their time and energy to bring you these wonderful cars and trucks. And thank those who make this place run and possible.

2. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I have to admit my heart kinda stopped for a second when I glanced at the title I saw "a close. Thank you to the entire staff and owner." I thought it was shutting down....
    Thanks to everyone who helps keep it running!!!

3. Saber61

Saber61 Active Member

I've only been a member for a short time but I can tell you this. This place is in good hands with Alan and the team at the helm. The dedication this team of painters and creators showed over the 2016 season was second to none. I've never had this many cars to play with in the 14 years I've been playing NR2003.

Thanks Everyone, this place truly is something special!

Alan Harkleroad and TColeman12 like this.
  4. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Glad to help out around here, it's a fun job for me. ;)

Alan Harkleroad likes this.
  5. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

This site is a daily stop for almost everyone who loves this incredible sim (NR2003) and has been a mainstay in the community for many years. But it also covers many other forms of racing and different simulations. I can't imagine the community would thrive and/or survive as well as it does without SRD. I've had the opportunity to know Matt and have recently had the pleasure to talk to and get to know Alan through his generous offering to help me with my new PC build and setup. The paint crew here does a marvelous job at recreating the Sprint Cup, Xfinity and CWTS schemes. Their work is top quality and enhances the fun of this sim for countless sim racing enthusiasts. There are also many others who come here and post their offerings for all of us in the Resources sections. There are not enough words to adequately express my thanks for Matt, Alan, the paint crew, moderators, staff and all of the talented and engaged members who make up the SRD team and it's extended "family", so I'll just keep this short and simple... THANK YOU ALL. I look forward to many more great years to come!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  6. pomcat

pomcat Well-Known Member

I make this site a daily stop and am always amazed by the talent displayed by every one of the painters here and in the show room. I thank all the members besides the incredible staff for the help they give. Thanks to all.

Alan Harkleroad likes this.