Updated
8 - Roland Camaro - ATL Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2016 Indianapolis 500 Discussion

MrDude68

Reaction score
It is a feel-good story but I still wanted to see Newgarden win this.

games123

CHARGE!
Reaction score
Here's to hoping he is the only NAPA rookie to win this weekend, or ever.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
Reaction score
Ehh. Wish someone who won such a big race would have earned it on the track.
I'm very confused.

You see, in this race, the driver to finish the 500 miles first wins the race. That means that he completed the most miles in the shortest time, and also that nobody else completed them as fast as he did. Other drivers in the field - Munoz, Kanaan, et al, did not finish the 500 miles first, and therefore did not win the race.

Is there something I'm missing out on here? Do you need a certain number of laps led to win the race? Do you need to cross the finish line at a certain speed? Do you have to have a red car?

If you could elaborate on any of these things, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Jericohol89

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
Reaction score
I'm very confused.

You see, in this race, the driver to finish the 500 miles first wins the race. That means that he completed the most miles in the shortest time, and also that nobody else completed them as fast as he did. Other drivers in the field - Munoz, Kanaan, et al, did not finish the 500 miles first, and therefore did not win the race.

Is there something I'm missing out on here? Do you need a certain number of laps led to win the race? Do you need to cross the finish line at a certain speed? Do you have to have a red car?

If you could elaborate on any of these things, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Trust me. The attitude is appreciated. However, in response to your inquiries:
-he only led 6 laps.
-he ran mid-pack most of the race
- at no point did Rossi's name come up after he and Tagliani played with fuel milage
That should clear up your questions.

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What a race, so happy for Rossi. Napa sponsors some pretty damn good rookies. Rossi, Elliott, and even Gilliland.

Rossi has no idea what to do and it's entertaining yet awkward to watch.

HoldOutSun

Banned
Reaction score
I'm very confused.

What a fucking cunt you are, jesus christ.

If you want me to elaborate on any of the ways you can go get fucked I'll be more than willing.

the Ghost888

Reaction score
The team did what they needed to in order to win. They took a gamble and it paid off

Its always the fuel milage races that bring the best out of people. Walk it off or smoke or break something. Just chill out

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Trust me. The attitude is appreciated. However, in response to your inquiries:
-he only led 6 laps.
-he ran mid-pack most of the race
- at no point did Rossi's name come up after he and Tagliani played with fuel milage
That should clear up your questions.
He won, that's all. He deserved the win because he saved the fuel and was strategic enough to be close enough to take over the lead and hold it. He had a car that was good enough to race up front, but he chose to be conservative and it won him the race. He deserved every bit of it.

Jericohol89

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
Reaction score
So...... who do you like?
As for your question, if you're currently on a mobile device, turning it sideways would show that in Indycar, I'm a Ryan Hunter-Reay fan. I also like Takuma Sato, and wouldn't have minded seeing Helio or TK win.