Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2017 Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway Race Weekend Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
What a great race, Jones move worked perfectly for him. Really looking forward to tomorrow, its looking like it'll be a really good race.

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
Look at the Weather forecast, its 90% chance of rain thru at least 10pm, It will be Monday.
The rain hasn't gone through the mountains yet. It was supposed to rain all morning until about 5 tonight, but it didn't.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Erik Jones! That was a fun race! Kind of a mix of old and new Bristol, with the bottom being the preferred line, but that top line somewhat able to work and it should only increase going into tomorrow (or Monday).

EDIT: Looks like the 22 failed post race inspection, via Bob Pockrass.
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/855916869198524419

Last edited:

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The forecast is horrible all day and night – near 100 percent chance of rain for the remainder of Sunday, which means the race might take place Monday, but as of 10 a.m. that call hasn’t been made yet...
why 10 am ?? the hell put it on 1 PM

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
Disappointing to cancel it this damn early. This won't make many people happy.

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
Didn't even try...
Disappointing to cancel it this damn early. This won't make many people happy.
Why would they? Rain has been getting worse and worse. They're expecting up to 3 inches of rain today. We'd be constantly drying the track all day just to get a few laps in here and there,all to race to the end of the second stage. Simultaneously leaving the fans soaked. Isn't fun for anyone. Don't waste everyone's time; try again tomorrow.

Not to mention the current radar...
rain.PNG

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
Why would they? Rain has been getting worse and worse. They're expecting up to 3 inches of rain today. We'd be constantly drying the track all day just to get a few laps in here and there,all to race to the end of the second stage. Simultaneously leaving the fans soaked. Isn't fun for anyone. Don't waste everyone's time; try again tomorrow.

Not to mention the current radar...
View attachment 92039
It's noon and the track has lights. They've ran races past 3 AM before. They didn't even try.

shaneshine23

Amateur Tattoo Artist.
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's noon and the track has lights. They've ran races past 3 AM before. They didn't even try.
Fair point actually, I really liked watching the Coke Zero 400 that late, it'd be epic to see a Bristol version of that.

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
And straight from the National Weather Service....there is >90% chance of rain until 10pm, with about an 80% chance of rain until 2 in the morning.

So we should run a race from 2-5am? I'm just confused, what should have been NASCAR's plan here? It's going to rain all day, with no chance of starting the race until the middle of the night. Who's going to watch?What driver would want to race at that time?

lolrain.PNG

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Whatever you want to think. I guess I'm just pissed I won't get to see the race in person now.
Totally understand the frustration man, but I'm just stating the facts. They need a 3 hour window to dry the track because of the temperature. Easy decision to not waste people's time and just call it a day.

TColeman12

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
And straight from the National Weather Service....there is >90% chance of rain until 10pm, with about an 80% chance of rain until 2 in the morning.

So we should run a race from 2-5am? I'm just confused, what should have been NASCAR's plan here? It's going to rain all day, with no chance of starting the race until the middle of the night. Who's going to watch?What driver would want to race at that time?

View attachment 92040
I'd want to run a race from 2-5, since there would be a chance of a night to day race lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.