32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Trump 2020 Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2017 Formula One Discussion Thread

MonkeyWrenCh

SRD Member
Reaction score
What race are you watching? If you think this is bad, you've clearly never watched a Grand Prix before. F1 has always had racing like this
Its not that you can't pass but you can't get close to anyone. No need for the snide comment. And yes I have watched F1 before various times.

Maybe I'm judging too early.

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Banned
Reaction score
Its not that you can't pass but you can't get close to anyone. No need for the snide comment.
Well considering Vettel ran right up to Hamilton's rear wing early, and Stroll has been charging through the field, that's not even close to being true

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
I will agree that the more aero oriented cars aren't the best idea, but this is far from bad. There's been way more action than any race from the early to mid 2000s

MonkeyWrenCh

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well considering Vettel ran right up to Hamilton's rear wing early, and Stroll has been charging through the field, that's not even close to being true
Yeah but that was the very start of the race. They start out so bunched together. Once the field has a few laps to get spread out then you notice you can't get close to anyone. Stroll is the only example I will agree with. 1 car. Hamilton with new tires couldn't even get by Verstappen.

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but that was the very start of the race. They start out so bunched together. Once the field has a few laps to get spread out then you notice you can't get close to anyone. Stroll is the only example I will agree with. 1 car. Hamilton with new tires couldn't even get by Verstappen.
Well Hamilton has been complaining about his tires since they put them on. I think he's having problems with his current set, hence why Verstappen drove away from him

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
Damn, Stroll to the garage. He had a great drive going

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
What a nightmare weekend for Magnussen

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
Shout-out to Massa in P6. So much for being washed up

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me or did I hear the crowd boo Hamilton as he walked on to the podium?

MonkeyWrenCh

SRD Member
Reaction score
Verstappen's interview I believe backed up my posts. "Once you get 2 seconds behind someone it is over, you can't do anything". It was cool seeing Vettel so excited to win. The announcers are saying that Mercedes now has competition this year, but I think it's too early to make statements like that after 1 race. What do you guys think?