5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2017 Monster Cup - #2

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, at this point I have no idea what the hell they're running at Fontana, this was on the paint scheme preview...

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
Most of the time NASCAR.com's paint scheme preview is wildly inaccurate.
It's even weirder considering the scallops car was seen in the shop, but Lionel was given and produced the Chase scheme, but nascar.com also says it's the Chase scheme. Guess we'll see come practice.

Gelato101

SRD Member
Reaction score
The scallops car is the one running, I don't even know why we're having this conversation. Which one is in a picture on an already prepared car and which one is only in renders?

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
The scallops car is the one running, I don't even know why we're having this conversation. Which one is in a picture on an already prepared car and which one is only in renders?
Just because it's prepared doesn't mean it's running this race. It could be prepared for another race. Never know.

Gelato101

SRD Member
Reaction score
With Wurth having only 3 races this year and the next being in June, pretty unlikely

AMLNet49

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I like it. The same design across the board gives the team an identity. You see the scallops, you automatically think Penske.
I love team identity but I wish it was the playoff scheme (minus the number cutouts) instead of the Kurt scheme

Last edited:

Gelato101

SRD Member
Reaction score
The chase scheme looks pretty bad, the only thing going for it is literally that its different

Phoenix

Wheeze
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yea but it should be the Chase scheme not the Kurt scheme
It's a coincidence.

Penske's always had an identity like this. Look at their history with multiple cars. They usually always had the same base.

MrDude68

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's a coincidence.

Penske's always had an identity like this. Look at their history with multiple cars. They usually always had the same base.
...What?
As far as I can see, that's only been true in IndyCar. In NASCAR, Penske didn't use the same base scheme for multiple cars until Mobil 1 sponsored all 3 of its cars in different races in 2005. Then it wasn't until just a few years ago that Penske started using the scallops for both the #22 and #2 alternate schemes.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
just wait, the scallops will be on the miller lite scheme lol