1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

2017 Monster Cup - #24

Discussion in 'Monster Energy Series Paint Schemes' started by bvc, Oct 11, 2016.

1. 11rows0f3

11rows0f3 Well-Known Member

Not to derail this thread, (I should post this in the general discussion, but it IS related to this paint scheme) but I am wondering if the mysterious A Post deal with HMS has been more than just a design element? The #48 had to peel off the A Post wrap and re-work something that was out of tolerance before Homestead. Did you guys see that on the pre-race show?

I think they are using a tiny bit of plastic build up under that separation line to deflect air off the side window. It wouldn't take much at all to get the air to move away from the window a bit.

racinboy234567 likes this.
  2. CarlEdwardsRulz

CarlEdwardsRulz Started as a Rusty Wallace fan

I too was thinking about this...

I think you might be pretty close to what could be going on... Maybe in the past they have always had something along the a post area... like a decal or something, but it was probably the same color of the base to where spectators wouldn't ever see it, but NASCAR probably caught it... then I could imagine Hendrick asking sponsors to just use a color for the a post area.... problem solved.... NASCAR says "we still don't like the a post area..." Hendrick Motorsports replies with... "Thats the way the Sponsors designed the paint scheme..."

Sorry for getting carried away, but I do feel there is something to it all.

JosephKall41 and 11rows0f3 like this.
  3. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

If you pay attention to crew chiefs throughout the years, they would deliberately make something fail to get NASCAR to overlook another area. I really doubt in the final race of the year that Chad Knaus was doing anything to the A post that would cause him to be pulled out of line... unless he did something better to another area. Forget the A post, that was nothing... you should be looking at other areas of the car. Chad knows the game, and he knows how to play the game. What he wanted to get through, got through.

4. racinboy234567

racinboy234567 Well-Known Member

Id agree with the idea if the cars were still painted. But since the chase they have been full on body wraps(no paint), which means the sides from nose to tail are all one piece of vinyl. (watch some JGR or just youtube search "nascar wrap"). They could be layering pieces but from all the high res pictures I've seen they are all one piece on the side. (5 car also had a weird strip in Phoenix that roughly matches the rest of the team cars, so the theory may not be that far off. Looking back through pictures it also seems to start appearing on the farmers car around the middle of the summer). However the strip isn't consistent from car to car, the 48's was narrow, 24's wide and long(I'd argue that the 24's got bigger as the year went on), and the 5's blocky, and the 88 had none. You'd think if they had a specific thing they were trying to hide they would have at least roughly similar.

5. bvc

bvc Just Another Average Joe

SunEnergy1 returns to the #24 in 2017:

C24172XSJCL-1.jpg

TSF141996 and shaneshine23 like this.
  6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 Well-Known Member

Awesome.

7. 11rows0f3

11rows0f3 Well-Known Member

Love the scheme and the wheel. I didn't get the black "S" shape near the SS vent though - do we know what that is? The first time it ran it didn't have them bur then it did the rest of the races. Regardless, glad they didn't change anything - love it.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Shark gills?

11rows0f3 likes this.
  9. Smoke14TS

Smoke14TS Well-Known Member

10. shaneshine23

shaneshine23 NR2003 driver since 2008

Looks like a bronze color to me. Like a penny.

11. Swagger Racing 26

Swagger Racing 26 Well-Known Member

really nice i just wish the number was white

12. racinboy234567

racinboy234567 Well-Known Member

2d flat render really made this car look better. I think the gold/bronze 24 really ruins it, not sure what I'd make it, maybe like the roof white with gold outline?

13. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

Much better looking scheme than last year, but the gold is much less accurate.

14. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Scheme looks like Hamlin's FedEx car in a way. Numbers should be white though

15. watsonz

watsonz Member

Ever since they ditched their metallic looking cars in the Chase, their paints schemes have looked like garbage. The brown, I bet, was originally supposed to look similar to the gold on Dale Jr's earlier KBB cars. Not a bad design, but just a bad execution is all.

16. Ceafus 88

Ceafus 88 Well-Known Member

The number ruins this whole thing...

17. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

18. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

That's sad looking

19. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 Well-Known Member

Here's the flat (posted earlier), and I don't think the flat is lying, more than they just straight up changed the damn scheme. Those are two entirely different colours. I've got no idea how that even happened.
    z.jpg

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

The brass is metallic, just lighting is throwing it off.

TColeman12 likes this.