0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2017 Monster Cup - #24

11rows0f3

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, (I should post this in the general discussion, but it IS related to this paint scheme) but I am wondering if the mysterious A Post deal with HMS has been more than just a design element? The #48 had to peel off the A Post wrap and re-work something that was out of tolerance before Homestead. Did you guys see that on the pre-race show?

I think they are using a tiny bit of plastic build up under that separation line to deflect air off the side window. It wouldn't take much at all to get the air to move away from the window a bit.

CarlEdwardsRulz

Can someone change that to Joey Logano?
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, (I should post this in the general discussion, but it IS related to this paint scheme) but I am wondering if the mysterious A Post deal with HMS has been more than just a design element? The #48 had to peel off the A Post wrap and re-work something that was out of tolerance before Homestead. Did you guys see that on the pre-race show?

I think they are using a tiny bit of plastic build up under that separation line to deflect air off the side window. It wouldn't take much at all to get the air to move away from the window a bit.
I too was thinking about this...

I think you might be pretty close to what could be going on... Maybe in the past they have always had something along the a post area... like a decal or something, but it was probably the same color of the base to where spectators wouldn't ever see it, but NASCAR probably caught it... then I could imagine Hendrick asking sponsors to just use a color for the a post area.... problem solved.... NASCAR says "we still don't like the a post area..." Hendrick Motorsports replies with... "Thats the way the Sponsors designed the paint scheme..."

Sorry for getting carried away, but I do feel there is something to it all.

oddball

SRD Member
Reaction score
I too was thinking about this...

I think you might be pretty close to what could be going on... Maybe in the past they have always had something along the a post area... like a decal or something, but it was probably the same color of the base to where spectators wouldn't ever see it, but NASCAR probably caught it... then I could imagine Hendrick asking sponsors to just use a color for the a post area.... problem solved.... NASCAR says "we still don't like the a post area..." Hendrick Motorsports replies with... "Thats the way the Sponsors designed the paint scheme..."

Sorry for getting carried away, but I do feel there is something to it all.
If you pay attention to crew chiefs throughout the years, they would deliberately make something fail to get NASCAR to overlook another area. I really doubt in the final race of the year that Chad Knaus was doing anything to the A post that would cause him to be pulled out of line... unless he did something better to another area. Forget the A post, that was nothing... you should be looking at other areas of the car. Chad knows the game, and he knows how to play the game. What he wanted to get through, got through.

racinboy234567

SRD Member
Reaction score
Id agree with the idea if the cars were still painted. But since the chase they have been full on body wraps(no paint), which means the sides from nose to tail are all one piece of vinyl. (watch some JGR or just youtube search "nascar wrap"). They could be layering pieces but from all the high res pictures I've seen they are all one piece on the side. (5 car also had a weird strip in Phoenix that roughly matches the rest of the team cars, so the theory may not be that far off. Looking back through pictures it also seems to start appearing on the farmers car around the middle of the summer). However the strip isn't consistent from car to car, the 48's was narrow, 24's wide and long(I'd argue that the 24's got bigger as the year went on), and the 5's blocky, and the 88 had none. You'd think if they had a specific thing they were trying to hide they would have at least roughly similar.

11rows0f3

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Love the scheme and the wheel. I didn't get the black "S" shape near the SS vent though - do we know what that is? The first time it ran it didn't have them bur then it did the rest of the races. Regardless, glad they didn't change anything - love it.

racinboy234567

SRD Member
Reaction score
2d flat render really made this car look better. I think the gold/bronze 24 really ruins it, not sure what I'd make it, maybe like the roof white with gold outline?

AMLNet49

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Much better looking scheme than last year, but the gold is much less accurate.

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Scheme looks like Hamlin's FedEx car in a way. Numbers should be white though

watsonz

#4TheCup
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ever since they ditched their metallic looking cars in the Chase, their paints schemes have looked like garbage. The brown, I bet, was originally supposed to look similar to the gold on Dale Jr's earlier KBB cars. Not a bad design, but just a bad execution is all.

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
Here's the flat (posted earlier), and I don't think the flat is lying, more than they just straight up changed the damn scheme. Those are two entirely different colours. I've got no idea how that even happened.
z.jpg