1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2017 Xfinity #23

Discussion in 'xfinity Series Paint Schemes' started by games123, Feb 22, 2017.

1. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

The thing I hate the most about these trucks is that they don't represent the sponsor well. When you see a multi billion dollar airline sponsoring something, do you want that company's image to be old and outdated, or even poorly designed and lazy? A company putting their name on something this lazily designed and cheap looking just makes the company look bad, because it gives the impression that they are okay with poor quality

Tetronix and ShadowKnight508 like this.
  2. JosephKall41

JosephKall41 Kurt Busch's #1 Fan Banned

Guys. Stop complaining. First you can't change it. Secondly I remember last year everyone was complaining that the 24 was the 42 font, 21 was Wood Brothers then 21,23,33 were old TSM. So it's their own font. I want to see them have it on all. Not just the 21&23. I want to see what it'd look like on the 24&33.

3. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

People are going to complain if something is awful, and these schemes and number fonts are extremely awful. Plus, if you want to see what this number would look like in #24 and #33, open photoshop, select Arial Bold, and just type out those numbers. It's not the same, but it's pretty close. That's why it's more ridiculous, they're practically using an Arial font.

4. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

Literally nobody complained about the Braun/TSM font, mostly because they were using it on all their vehicles at the start of last year and people tend to like that font a lot (it's decent imo but that's okay, much better than this). The other ones people complained about because the team seems to have no cohesiveness, it seems like they come up with a new brand identity month by month. Heck they introduced this one on the title winning truck in the very last race after using the Braun font all season long. Fox was barely prepared and had to scramble to make a new graphic. Plus on top of that this is just Arial or Helvetica from MS word as the previous poster said.

Is it really too much to ask that they use one single decent-looking style (and that's a low bar) for a whole season on all the cars and trucks like every other team does? Apparently it is.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Tetronix and MrDude68 like this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Wheeze

It could be way worse... it could be.... COMIC SANS

6. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 3-Time USORL Rally Winner Banned

Beginning of season I thought it looked horrible, but as the season went on its grown on me. I'm not saying it's better than their other font and what not, but still.

JosephKall41 likes this.
  7. JosephKall41

Just bring back the old number style

Attached Files:

8. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

breathing intensifies (bad edit ahead)
    Gallagher23.jpg

9. Brandon Thornton

Brandon Thornton Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

Sadly, that looks better than the actual number.

JosephKall41 likes this.
  10. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

I believe Nascar told GMS to ditch this number style, hence why they changed it to the old TSM/Braun style and eventually the Helvetica-ish number.

JosephKall41 likes this.
  11. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

NASCAR didn't tell them to stop using that number, they told them to stop offsetting the numbers. They were fine with it once they changed it to straight across. They switched to the Braun style after buying TSM's #33, actually changing it to the KHI font (which few people remember) for the remainder of 2014 before switching all the trucks to the Braun font in 2015.

12. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

All I remember was that Nascar talked to them about the number. lol

13. MrDude68

MrDude68 Well-Known Member

I wish they would go back to the #21 style they used in 2013 or their old ARCA Series style (sans offsetting), both of which were interesting and not ripoffs from other teams.

14. JosephKall41

They had it like that at Eldora
    IMG_3544.JPG

AMLNet49 likes this.
  15. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

Those numbers on that Eldora truck look horrible and childish. They look like they belong in Bugs Bunny comic.

JosephKall41 likes this.
  16. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I don't mind the 23 numbers right now. There have been worse fonts out there.

17. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

18. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

Nice cup render

19. Brandon Thornton

Brandon Thornton Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

Looks a bit better than the primary. Something still needs to be done with those numbers though.

20. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

Iowa:
    23.png
    Oh look, they changed his paint scheme again. I don't know - maybe they think his scheme is the problem... :rolleyes: