1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Nov 16, 2018.

1. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Gonna do some quick facts.

Jimmie Johnson and Denny Hamlin both broke their streaks of winning a race each season - Johnson had the longest streak in the series, which now belongs to Kyle Busch, who has been in victory lane at least once a year since 2005.

This is Ford's first championship since 2004, with Kurt Busch. This is also only Ford's fourth championship in the last 26 years, with Matt Kenseth and Dale Jarrett also winning titles. Kenseth came in 6th today, his second car number at Roush, after starting 17th, his first number in the top series.

Compared to the "Big 3" Logano came in fourth in several major statistical categories, including wins, top-5s, and laps led.

Statistically, this is both Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick's best career year, with both tying or setting new career highs in major categories.

After the top four, Kyle Larson finished fifth in laps led, despite not winning a race. He set a new high average finish (12.6).

This is the first season of this format where the top four led at least 20 laps in the final race, and all had been in the lead within the final 101 laps.

Homestead was won the driver that led the most laps for the first time since 2010, when Carl Edwards won and led 190 laps. The leader of the most laps won the race from 2006-2009 as well.

This was Penske Racing's first victory at Homestead, in the 20th Homestead race.

Tyler Reddick became the third rookie in five years to win the Xfinity Series championship - all did it in the JR Motorsports #9 car, and the last two did it with David Elenz as crew chief.

Brett Moffitt finished with the same amount of top-fives and top-tens and won the championship this year.

2. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Toyota, Chevrolet, and Ford all won races and championships this week.

First time that Ford won the Championship and the Manufacturer's Championship since 1999 when Dale Jarrett won it.

starscream24 likes this.
  3. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

Welp, Harvick did not win, so you know what that means.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

And thus another Nascar season comes to a closes. With it farewell to all the drivers and teams we won't be seeing in the future possibly. Wasn't the most exciting season but not the worst either. I do hope there is more 'racing' in the races for the future, things feel a little too sterile (personally).

5. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

And goodbye to the Ford Fusion as well

theusar and Ceafus 88 like this.
  6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

This is the second Team Penske championship in a row where the car model they won in won't be run in Cup the following season

7. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

What a race! So happy for Joey! He absolutely earned it out there tonight!!! I do feel for Truex though and I hate to see that #78 team close. But the best car tonight won the race and the championship. Kevin had a great season, like he said, with eight wins. Wish he could have gotten one last one, but I am absolutely ecstatic to see Joey win it!!! Can't wait til next season!

Also, the worst of the final four finished worst... :p

Spike and EarnhardtFan like this.
  8. theusar

theusar Well-Known Member

To Logano fans: Enjoy while it lasts...

9. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

Well they got a whole year to enjoy it so it's gonna last a while..........

10. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

They will and they should. The 22 showed up tonight, not like the pile of shit that was the 18.

11. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

To be fair to Kyle he did finish 4th

MillsLayne and theusar like this.
  12. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Any other Sunday, I'd be fine with this, but this felt like a 20th. They were absolutely terrible today, from the car to the pit stops. While the other three were battling for a championship, Kyle was just trying to keep them within his sights.

13. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Now just wait a damn minute here. Weren't you a Kevin Harvick fan last week? Now all of the sudden your a Joey Logano fan? Lol. I'm not jumping on this bandwagon. Lol.

nascarfan9 and theusar like this.
  14. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Honestly, yeah. Even though he was never lower than 6th or so it felt like he wasn't even there because he was never in the battle for the lead, and when he was it didn't last long at all. He had pretty much no impact on the outcome of anything and it was really weird.

MillsLayne likes this.
  15. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Yes, I am a Kevin Harvick fan, first and foremost - always have been and I always will be. Matt Kenseth has always been a really close second and Joey Logano is my third favorite. I don't bandwagon. I've been a Joey fan for the last couple of years now, but Kevin is still number one. I know that Kevin rightfully deserved to win the Championship and I wish he would have, but I can still be happy that one of my other drivers won.

16. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Loved the post race interview by Kryle Busch lmao :D. Instead of praising his team for the great season he had he said it was all for nothing like it was a waste of time. His revolving door pit crew must love working for him.

Love that Joey won. That was a helluva run at the end. Good race overall. Thought Kyle Larson was gong to win. Good for Matt Kenseth finishing his career in 6th, hopefully RFR can take what they've learned from his runs and make the teams cars better for next season.

Shockey Rai, BrendonH12 and MattyO like this.
  17. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

I thought Kyle's interview was fine. I may be a bit biased, but he didn't rage or wasn't a smartass or anything. He just seemed bummed and probably a little stunned as to how bad they did. I've been seeing the usual Kryle comments on social media and I guess here, too, but I just didn't see it. Was he supposed to be thrilled with how bad they were?

theusar and MattyO like this.
  18. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

I'm still salty as fuck. And I didn't have a dog in the fight,lol.

19. Lap_Down

Lap_Down Well-Known Member

I always thought Jimmie Johnson winning 5 cup titles in a row was bad for the sport since it didn't allow Nascar to market more personalities during a transitional period when it needed it the most (the Chase era). But now we had a whole bunch of different champions (a bunch of them first time champions too) when again Nascar needs it the most (the Playoff era) and Nascar still seems to be losing popularity.

And OMG... I think Harvick had 29 top 10s this season... only one shy of my fav Jeff Gordon record of 30 top 10s in 2007. That's my fav record because I think every accomplishment that Gordon has achieved on the track either has already been or will be surpassed someday... except for that 30 top 10s record. I always thought that with people wrecking each other so much nowadays getting 30 top 10s would be impossible... but damn... Harvick almost did it. Also Jeff Gordon's 797 consecutive start streak while technically impressive... I mean... it still just a consecutive start streak.

20. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Agreed. They have no clue how to market their drivers. I mean they are fucking clueless. You have a 7 time champion and no one knows who the hell he is outside of Nascar. Someone should be fucking fired for that.

nascarfan9 likes this.