1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 Formula One Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Auto Racing Discussion' started by PepsiRacer4, Jan 18, 2018.

1. MonkeyWrenCh

MonkeyWrenCh Well-Known Member

That is kind of what I am thinking. Reminds me of when people were saying Stewart and Newman were crazy to go with Stewart-Haas. Later we found out that Chevrolet was giving the team BIG, BIG, BIG money.

I am very surprised Renault hasn't done better then they have this year. Didn't they hire some guy who was working independently for Formula 1 who supposedly knew a lot of secrets about how to make the cars fast?

Oh, ok. Someone I follow who is really, really up on Formula 1 didn't even know that, he was talking about how he thinks Gasley will get the ride.

All I know is that when I watch a Formula 1 race Red Bull, Ferrari, and Mercedes look like they are in a different racing series compared to the other teams. It is mind boggling the gap between them and the rest.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

So go and watch races from start of the century, it was the same with Ferrari, McLaren Mercedes and BMW Williams. Then Red Bull comes with his huge money and slowly started to get Williams place. BMW left Williams to Sauber and they fall back in the midfield. Same happen to McLaren after Mercedes comes to the series as a factory team and they didn't wantet to play the second fiddle for Mercedes and the changed to Honda. Red Bull gets the best mechanics and research team in the F1 and started his dominance toil 2013 when Mercedes took huge influence on the rules package which brouht them to the top. Since then we had the situation like it is now and it will be like this til 2021 and a new rule package will be set up. Red Bull and Ferrari closes the gap on chassis side, but Mercedes is still in lead on engine (close to Ferrari).

3. MonkeyWrenCh

I'm not complaining about it. I'm just stating something that I've noticed which in turns makes it confusing to me why Ricciardo would want to be Renault which was what we were talking about. More often then not I prefer dominance over parity.

Bitbreaker likes this.
  4. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

I also didn't wanted to sound rude. I just wanted to show that there where time on which red bull wasn't a top tier team!

MonkeyWrenCh likes this.
  5. MonkeyWrenCh

10/4, all good. I'm pretty new to Formula 1, I am kind of interested in looking at Formula 1 history when I have some more free time.

Bitbreaker likes this.
  6. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

7. lays

lays Well-Known Member

joeykraus19 likes this.
  8. Hustin Jawkins

Hustin Jawkins Well-Known Member

Yeah! Me, too. But from what has been said today I am not that sure. There has been an announcement by Zakk Brown having 'goodbye from McLaren' in the foregound. To me it seems like Alonso will be at WEC with Toyota definitely. If McLaren won't go where might Alonso be next year? Probably at Foyt Racing for getting the #14 ride ;) ?

9. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director