1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 Gander Outdoors 400 at Dover International Speedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

k

2. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

Hey, just poking a little fun at your incredible memory! lol It's all good.

3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

[​IMG]

Still somewhat bitter about how that race finished. Was looking forward to an intense shootout between the leaders with a spot in the next round up for grabs and all we got was a messy restart crash that ended up causing a lot of controversy and frustration between fans. Still not a fan of what Harvick did on that start (from what the video showed along with replays), but it was a product of Talladega being a cutoff race, the way NASCAR had their G-W-C rules in effect that year on the plate tracks, Harvick needing to finish above a certain spot to advance, and having those late-race engine woes that had the crash not happened, Harvick would have dropped like a rock to the bottom half of the field and would have been eliminated.

Not trying to make anyone upset or angry, but those are my thoughts. It was a good race, but with a disappointing finish that had myself along with others not overly happy about what went down on that restart.

4. BrendonH12

You know, I get that. It's not like Kevin purposely went out there and said, "Hey, I'm gonna wreck the field so I can have an easy way to make it into the next round!" His car was losing power and he did what he had to do. This is a product of NASCAR's "playoff" elimination system. If that wasn't in place, I guarantee you that he would not have done that. To add to that, anyone would have done that if they were in that situation. As I said last weekend, desperation can make people do things you never thought they would do.

Sorry for all the hoopla; guess I was just a little tired of hearing about the same event over and over. At least my complaints about Kyle Busch are about varying events. lol

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    joeykraus19 and Shockey Rai like this.
  5. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

... So what you're say is... Kevin purposely wrecked the field so he had an easy way to make it into the next round? :rolleyes::p

/s

6. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 3-Time USORL Rally Winner

joeykraus19 likes this.
  7. BrendonH12

I guess I am... NASCAR has forced these teams and drivers into a box, and with Kevin facing elimination, he did what he had to do to advance.

8. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

My biggest beef with that Harvick incident was the restart before that. He pulled out of line and let people go past him, then the wreck on that restart happened and Nascar put him back in his original place in line place. In my opinion he should have lost those spots he gave up by pulling out of line and then this incident might not have had to happen.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  9. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

SO, how about that Dover race, huh? :p

joeykraus19 likes this.
  10. ShadowKnight508

The Talladega race weekend thread will be up later tonight. Just have a few things to take care of before I get the Dover results up along with both of the Talladega threads.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  11. ShadowKnight508

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.