1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 IndyCar Discussion

Discussion in 'Auto Racing Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Hustin Jawkins

Hustin Jawkins Well-Known Member

I would have preferred the addition of another oval. The addition might be good from a marketing standpoint and it’s good for Cota having a major US-series running there.

I’ve watched every race of the MotoGP since they are running there. Most of those races provided intense and thrilling racing. I simply don’t like those modern F1-tracks with their parking lot run offs. It works for MotoGP because rider safety benefits a lot. But I’m not sure whether it fits the dna of Indycar. Anyway. Position battles on that endless backstretch will be good.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

joeykraus19 likes this.
  3. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

4. Hustin Jawkins

5. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Personality issues aside, I don’t think he’s that bad of a racer. He wasn’t that bad at Sonoma in his first start. Might be a decent choice talent wise. Everything else? Eeehhhhh...

Shockey Rai, joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  6. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Sonoma was actually his fourth Indycar start but yeah I agree. We'll just have to see how he does full time and if he can keep his attitude in check

7. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I guess that's because I hadn't really heard much of him until his, shall we say, incident, in F2.

Shockey Rai likes this.
  8. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Screw Ferucci, I would've much rather had someone else in that car, but money is, unfortunately, the name of the game in motorsports.

9. Hustin Jawkins

I don’t like Ferrucci, either. He behaved in a way that shouldn’t proceed him to a top-class series. At least not the year after. Too bad, Fittipaldi decided to stay with F1. But he still is very young and has a lot of time to become a great in US-racing.

Alonso will be running at Daytona 24 next year piloting a Cadillac DPi. This might indicate a McLaren-Chevy cooperation for the 500.

https://racer.com/2018/11/26/alonso-set-to-make-rolex-24-return/

10. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

I'm reading more about him and I feel like he's trying to match his personality to how punchable his face looks.

Tetronix likes this.