5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2018 Monster Cup - #8

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
Wish it was the 29, but a nice scheme. the 8 looks weird as fuck in the RCR font as well.

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I guess they couldn't use the similar RCR #8 maybe since its too close to the DEI font? I remember Dale saying a couple weeks ago about how no matter how hard you try some people just can't be gotten along with. My first thought now is they asked Teresa if they could use the #8 in that style and it was turned down. Of course thats all speculation on my end haha, so most likely nothing like that happened.

Either way. Awesome to see Daniel get a Cup start here. I think he's the talented guy RCR has and hopefully this turns into something further for him. Scheme looks great as always.

AMLNet49

Reaction score
It’s funny. Dale Jr said recently they were trying to patch things up with Teresa. Assuming Childress asked to use the number, I guess the patching up didn’t go too well.

Hemric grew up near DEI, and Richard Childress has also always had a good relationship with Jr. So this tribute makes sense, but I also can’t help but wonder if this ride is what Jefferey Earnhardt was referring to, and if he somehow ties into using the #8

BrendonH12

Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong
Reaction score
I kinda was hoping for the return of the #29 as well. The font on the #8 looks more like Richard Petty style to me.
^ @burtonbraves version looks much better.

4WideRacing

Reaction score
Hemric grew up near DEI, and Richard Childress has also always had a good relationship with Jr. So this tribute makes sense, but I also can’t help but wonder if this ride is what Jefferey Earnhardt was referring to, and if he somehow ties into using the #8
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the news

oddball

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are complaining about the number, it's nice and clean and very similar to the Ralph Earnhardt font.

Petty4345

Reaction score
I would have rather seen the 29 than 8 since RCR has history with 29. But don't really care either way really. I agree the 8 is far too Petty looking but I guess that's what happens dealing with the wicked witch of DEI!!!

Tetronix

#48EVER
Reaction score
Such a beautiful scheme, I just hate how that gold/black line kinda just breaks apart into nowhere just before the A-Pillar.

Glad to see Hemric get a chance at a Cup ride.

Devin41

I wanna go fast!
Reaction score
That number style kinda reminds me of this one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon Miller

Reaction score
It very much looks like the old Ralph Earnhardt #8 and then the same style when Sr ran it after Ralph passed.

Small trivia note, the image @Devin41 posted is from Sr's first career start at Daytona in the Sportsman Permatex 300.

Phoenix

Wheeze
Reaction score
The number was drawn after Richard’s no. 8 modified from the 60s.

The 8 also appeared in 1981 on Dale Sr and Kirk Shelmerdine’s sportsman entry for RCR. And Mike drove an 8 in the truck series in 99.