1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

2018 NASCAR Silly Season *Rumors and Speculation*

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by nj9703, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix The Meme

She has money, just buy a ride.

GDP Racing likes this.
  2. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator O.K Painter

In Her Defense tho, At the time of the announcment Ganassi and her were on the verge of a deal. And tbh im surprised she doesnt have a ride yet

3. MWick4

MWick4 How is this a fair race? My crew chief is a Morty.

I mean it is Daytona, she doesn’t need best of the best equipment to have a shot, of she wants a ride she should open her options up a bit to mid range or lower teams

GDP Racing likes this.
  4. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

But she's not going to because she's Danica, and Danica only gets the best...

5. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Well-Known Member

She is having the same “luck” on the Indy car side. Sam Schmidt Motorsports is the latest to turn her down. Not many quality rides left

6. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

I don’t like Danica at all but she is a world famous superstar athlete (even if she is so overrated), yet teams won’t field an extra car for her?

No wonder teams won’t field an extra car for a rookie or retiree, when freaking Danica Patrick can’t get a ride. I’d sponsor the car myself if I was one of these teams, throw a huge Ganassi or Roush logo on the hood and watch the TV shots roll on in. Seriously she gets so much TV time how is it not worth it?

Teams seem to hate one-offs these days which is disappointing because one-offs in great equipment and road ringers in great equipment used to be two of my favorite things to watch and both are pretty much gone.

7. Bradfan4ever

Bradfan4ever Keselowski2Wallace

you also have to look at her track record too..

TV time or 1 wrecked car. which is more valuable to the team?

8. thedude1987

thedude1987 Happy Husband, proud papa, racer, and designer!

NASCAR Next Alumnus Dalton Sargeant to Join GMS Racing for 2018 Season
    STATESVILLE, N.C. (January 12, 2018)- With the start of the 2018 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season being only 35 days away, GMS Racing officials are proud to announce the addition of Dalton Sargeant to their driver lineup. Competing for Rookie of the Year honors this season, Sargeant will be the driver of the No. 25 GMS Racing Chevrolet Silverado.

9. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

There were ten one-off drivers at Indy last year:
    1. Zach Veach (R) - 6 IndyLights wins
    2. Fernando Alonso - 2x F1 World Champion
    3. Jack Harvey (R) - 6 IndyLights wins
    4. James Davison - 2 Pirelli WorldChallenge wins
    5. Sage Karam - 2013 IndyLights Champion
    6. Pippa Mann - 1 IndyLights win
    7. Spencer Pigot - 2015 IndyLights Champion
    8. Sebastian Saavedra - 4 IndyLights wins
    9. Buddy Lazier - 2000 IndyCar Champion
    10. Jay Howard - 2 IndyLights wins
    I'd think if Pippa Mann could land a ride, Patrick could too.

As for NASCAR, it's much more uncommon to see teams field one-off entries. When doing so, these are commonly for rookies (Terry Labonte notwithstanding). Her options right now appear to be:
    1. RCR #27
    2. Circle Sport #33
    3. BK Racing #??
    4. Premium #15

10. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

To me the TV time, all attention is good attention. I’m pretty sure Chip Ganassi or Richard Childress can pay to fix one plate car with the return being getting thanked by Danica in multiple national tv interviews, probably some on the regular news like GMA or the Today Show, allowing millions of people to hear and see on her driver’s suit the name “Ganassi” or “Childress” it’s just advertising I mean then what’s ever the point in sponsoring a race car that you know won’t win?

I feel like the two weeks of exposure is worth minor financial hit you’d take by tearing up a plate car or two

11. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

At this rate the only thing Danica will be driving is the pace car.

nascarfan9 and BrendonH12 like this.
  12. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

I really miss the era where teams would show up with an extra one-off car for either a semi-retired vet or a rookie. And it's especially prevalent at the Daytona 500, where there are so many fewer entrants than there used to be. I don't think the charter system is terrible but the (reported) disparity in prize money between chartered teams and unchartered teams has killed off a lot of those hail mary attempts to get in the 500 by small teams with a big dream.

Since 2011, the average entry list for the 500 is 46.4 (max of 49 in 2012 and 2015) and since the field size was cut to 40 with the charter system, the entry lists have been 44 and 42. Compare that to the period of time from 2000-2010, when the average entry list was 54.2, and only once (in 2004) dipped below 50 entrants. In 2007 there were 61 teams trying to make the 500! There was such a buzz about Speedweeks and it's not quite the same when there's only one or two teams that are gonna miss the show and there's an 80% chance it's the Premium cars anyway.

13. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Totally agree. I really miss all the random guys that used to show up especially at Daytona, the road course guys who would come out for the Glen and Sonoma, Busch teams making starts here and there, etc. Even though most of the time those were field fillers, it made NASCAR feel so much more alive for me. It's really a shame that the barriers to entry are so high nowadays. I mean think about it, there used to be cars that would attempt almost the whole season and DNQ 20 times. That's unheard of now.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  14. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

We can blame the economics. If anyone fielded a one-off they'd be lucky to break even.

starscream24 likes this.
  15. Phoenix

Phoenix The Meme

It costs Gibbs about $250,000 per car, take two a weekend plus entry fees and staff cost. I recon you’d need about a $600,000 sponsor for a one-off. Not sure who would do that for one time.

GDP Racing likes this.
  16. Bradfan4ever

[​IMG]
    I bet Junior is in love with this picture. #valencewin

Shockey Rai and ThatOneShredder like this.
  17. Bradfan4ever

But, for a big team yea. For a small team like the #33 and #15/#55 not worth Danica Patrick.

18. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

I would argue that it would be even more worth it for a small team. Lots of exposure to entice sponsors that they would otherwise not get. But that's not what Princess Danica wants.

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  19. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Danica should really try to work out a deal with FRM. They've run one-off plate cars in the past, would benefit from the exposure, and are certainly competitive enough to give Danica a chance at the win. Hell, David Ragan nearly won last July at Daytona had he picked the right lane to block with a couple laps left.

20. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

More Than A Dozen NASCAR Drivers To Participate In Test Session At Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Credit to ESPN):
    SOURCE: http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018...-nascar-drivers-participate-test-session-lvms
    Pennzoil-400-logo.png

UnfixingDuke24 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.