1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 at Texas Motor Speedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ShadowKnight508, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

2. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

If anything, I think these two windshield cases prove that this does not present any advantages to whoever does it. What I mean is, Kevin would have won that Vegas race without the windshield being like it was, and as would be obvious, it surely didn't help McMurray or Elliott yesterday although one could make the argument - as foolish as it is - that Jamie's windshield being the way it was helped him finally get a good finish. I'm interested to see how NASCAR deals with this though... Will they be consistent? or will they be NASCAR?

RacerXero84 likes this.
  3. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

If they penalize anyone else for the window caving in they are most likely going to be punishing about 30 teams, which would be stupid. Penalizing Harvick now seems stupid as well but hindsight is 20/20. Nascar felt backed into a corner by the "sleuths" on Reddit and Harvick just happened to be on the wrong end of it.

4. Petty4345

Petty4345 Well-Known Member

30264313_10155019220041653_3763480258649522176_n.jpg

Wasn't just McMurray. The 43 had the same thing it look's like going on with the windshield.

5. BrendonH12

"Now seems stupid?!" I thought it was stupid when it actually happened! But this is what happens when you let "fans" make the decisions. It's funny (not really) that they'll listen to the "fans" on something stupid like this, but on other important things, it's like we don't even exist!

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

If they don't slap people for it, NASCAR will be mocked relentlessly for being inconsistent.
    If they do slap people for it, NASCAR will be mocked relentlessly for this whole aero dependency thing.
    If they slap some people and not others for it, NASCAR will be mocked relentlessly for being selectively consistent as usual.

Huh.

7. BrendonH12

Now-Thats-Some-Thinking.jpg

RacerXero84 likes this.
  8. burtonbraves

They've backed themselves into a corner and most likely they'll just ignore it and carry on.

Petty4345, RacerXero84 and BrendonH12 like this.
  9. BrendonH12

Sadly, that is most likely what will happen... :( I would say that if Kevin loses the Championship by the amount of points he lost, he (and I) would be very upset over this, but with the "playoff" format of today's NASCAR, those points really mean nothing as long as he has another win to ride into the "playoffs" with. o_O
    Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see...

10. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Where ever your're at, there you are

With the points he was “gifted” yesterday it will be close to a wash

11. BrendonH12

As I've already stated, I agree that he should have been penalized yesterday. Plus, it would give me the excuse of, "If NASCAR wouldn't given Kevin that penalty, he would have beaten Kyle for sure!" instead of seeing the exact opposite. :(

12. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N18

Notice how all the cars that are being noticed for the "buckling" effect had good finishes yesterday, so it very well could provide a bit of an advantage. If we see it happening to Gray Gaulding, then okay.

theusar and 4WideRacing like this.
  13. HJimenez42

HJimenez42 Well-Known Member

14. BrendonH12

I can kinda understand about McMurray and especially Bubba, but Chase Elliott finished a lap down in 11th - not his greatest effort. Lol at Gray Gaulding though... :D

15. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N18

That was mainly due to an ill-timed pit stop, though, wasn't it? He was running fairly strong throughout the race.

starscream24 likes this.
  16. BrendonH12

Hey, when all that happened to Kevin, and Kyle got in the lead, I guess I stopped paying attention to everything else. lol I still don't think it's that much of an advantage.

17. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Looks like NASCAR will be running restrictor plates at Charlotte for the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race next month (skip to 29:00 in the Door, Bumper, Clear Podcast) using the special Xfinity aerodynamic package with the aero-ducts and huge spoilers that ran at Indianapolis and Michigan in 2017. Top speeds estimated at 170 MPH to create pack racing:

SOURCE (Door, Bumper, Clear Podcast): http://www.dalejr.com/radio/dbc/default.aspx

18. burtonbraves

19. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

20 years ago we watch the All-Star to watch drivers go balls out for big bucks. Now we watch to see the tom foolery Nascar comes up with in rules and specs

20. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Excuse me? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.