1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2018 SnG MENCS Models Rebuild

Discussion in '3dsMax Help or Questions' started by DERacing, Mar 11, 2018.

1. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

Thread to discuss the rebuild of the SnG 2018 MENCS models.

This is to be used as an ongoing discussion about cleaning up the models from the SNG mod to get a better render model and adjust some details.

This is in NO WAY a thread to complain about the awesome models that SnG has put out. Unless you understand the LOD's that have to be built for a model to make it game ready, then you have no idea what those gentlemen have had to work through to get this mod up to speed.

So far, I have been working with @garrett1127 and @Carbine M1A1 on a few things.

Yes, gentlemen, this is the thread you are looking for.

So here is what I have so far...

Updated maps. The intent is to make EVERYTHING that can get away with a Standard max material just that... a standard. With the different render engines out there, it is easier to convert the model over if the only things affects are the reflect maps, glasses (not the windows), etc.

Double Sided material for the main car material. This allows the interior to have a color all its own as well as take out the issue with the inside of the model being transparent. It also helps to give the impression that there is actually an inner body mesh until I can get that resolved.

I have created complete bottom belly pans from nose to tail. This will help when I start chopping up the chassis and inner meshes to fix the body bleed through.

Body, hood, intake box and Roof meshes have had their interior surfaces adjusted or deleted to stop the bleed through. Roof rails, shark fins and shark fin bases have been detached, rebuilt and reattached now. Mappings are corrected. No more bleed through and the mapping issue has been resolved.

Added in the jack posts and exhaust ports through the side skirts. I may detail those a little more but for now, they are what they are.

This is just a prelim render to show some of the progress. Main paint is all that is a MR material at this time. I'll also add in my wheels.

Once I get this to a point to share, I'll post it up for Garrett and Carbine to grab and we can work on the some other things together.

2018 Camaro Test 1.jpg

dudeman21 and Carbine M1A1 like this.
  2. DERacing

Couple other shots.

Also have the window net issue corrected now too.

Once this model is set, I'll weld the roof and a few other parts. This will help with the reflections properly flowing across the different surfaces. 2018 Camaro Test 4.jpg 2018 Camaro Test 3.jpg 2018 Camaro Test 2.jpg

3. garrett1127

garrett1127 Well-Known Member

Very nice work Joey, I'll be happy to help out as much as I can with my limited knowledge. Also, I have a ton of mental ray scenes you two can have if you want. Scott (Iceman) passed along a lot of his stuff before he passed away, Rogue has passed a lot of scenes on to me also, without those two I would be lost, now you and Paul are taking the time to help me along my max journey, of which I'm very thankful.
    I'm retired, so the time for me to learn is a whole lot longer than for guys that still have to work. I spend hours watching vids, have a couple good books I purchased, and just doing things trial & error right now.
    I'll put together a screen cap of all the file folders I have for you guys to look thru if your interested and will be happy to send your way. Tom
    Mental Ray Scenes.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  4. DERacing

Ok. Dont know if you guys have VRay or not... But this is a great tut on how to do plate match.

It also opens up the slate editor to do some things as well. Great to mess with.

Did this scene setup in about an hour. Still have to set materials on the models to VRay mats, but you get the idea.

25 Camaro Indy.jpg

5. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

If any of you guys need it, I redid the undersides of the cars to fix the bleedthrough. Mapping is included.

Here's a quick render of the higher LOD Toyota underside.
    upload_2018-3-13_0-3-52.png

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    DERacing and dudeman21 like this.
  6. DERacing

@NascarMan32 I'll take any of the higher LOD stuff you have.

I think the goal that we are working towards is to get the higher quality models out to the render world. Not building a "scene" but to put out a high def model that can be used with the different renderer engines and not degrade the quality.

PM me if you would and I'll work back on getting those from you if you are offering.

Thanks!

NascarMan32 likes this.
  7. Carbine M1A1

Carbine M1A1 Well-Known Member

Hay Joey do you want these windshield frames i made a while back should fit right in . windshield frames A.jpg windshield frames B.jpg

NascarMan32 and DERacing like this.
  8. DERacing

Oh hell yea!!!

9. Carbine M1A1

10. DERacing

11. Carbine M1A1

New side mirror.
    HP Side mirror 1.jpg HP Side mirror 2.jpg HP Side mirror 3.jpg HP Side mirror 4.jpg

NascarMan32 and DERacing like this.
  12. DERacing

I really dont like you! :D

NascarMan32 likes this.
  13. garrett1127

garrett1127 Well-Known Member

14. LordMejia

LordMejia Well-Known Member

Hi bruh, I also do professional renders for my work and occasionally do renders for the NR2003 community. Is there a possibility that you can share those scenes that you show in the photo?

DERacing likes this.
  15. DERacing

@LordMejia you have a message. I have added you to a group.