1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

2018 Xfinity - #60

Discussion in 'xfinity Series Paint Schemes' started by ShadowKnight508, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Its too late for them to redeisgn and they have to send the designs to whatever third party manufactures the composite cars, who have to approve the change as well as NASCAR.

3. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

The only reason Roush didn't lose money in NNS last year was because they shuttered a full-time entry. I wouldn't exactly call that "performing well."

Guess it's unfortunate that superspeedways only account for three of 33 events - otherwise Ryan Reed may have actually contended more often.

The point still stands that, from a design and performance standpoint, the nose on that car is at least three years behind its competition.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  4. AMLNet49

AMLNet49 Well-Known Member

wow this thread got off track quick. Any words on any actual sponsors that will be on this car? Maybe Draw Tite or Cooper Standard for Cindric? IRacing maybe for Majeski?

5. ShadowKnight508

I can see iRacing being on the car for a few races this season, as well as one of Cindric's sponsors from the Truck Series last season being on the car at some point (assuming they stick with him for 2018 as sponsors). Knowing Roush/Fenway, I also expect a decent-looking Ford EcoBoost scheme as well down the road.

Tetronix likes this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Winning the owner's championship is not behind its competition.

No sponsors announced or rumored yet, but CS has left NASCAR, and Draw Tite is expected to sponsor Logano or Blaney. Team Penske's already announced a full time associate deal with Draw Tite on all three cars.

Tetronix and AMLNet49 like this.
  7. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

It is when they win it with the #22 who uses cup drivers....

RacerXero84 likes this.
  8. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

That decal/body set is a travesty, I don't care what overblown stats are thrown around (especially given that their Owner Championship car is literally made up of Cup drivers). It looks horrible, lacks any real professionalism, and, quite frankly, it looks stupid when you slap decals on a body that was made for decals 8 years older.

On topic, iRacing will be on there more than likely at some point, but Roush hasn't had the greatest luck with attracting sponsors.

9. ShadowKnight508

Austin Cindric will drive the #60 Ford Performance Ford Mustang for the 2018 Powershares QQQ 300 at Daytona. Video below:

More Info (Credit to Motorsport.com):
    SOURCE: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/news/nascar-austin-cindric-xfinity-roush-996851/

10. RacerXero84

Roush selects who runs the 300 by drawing out of a hat.

And he wonders why his business is crap. lol

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  11. AMLNet49

It’s not the 500 it’s the 300, and it’s Ford Performance that decided this. Other than running it Roush controls very little about this car

12. 4WideRacing

It's the 500 of the Xfinity series.... I would doubt that Roush doesn't control any of the decisions

13. RacerXero84

300, 500, 250.... semantics lol
    It's the biggest (2nd biggest?) race of the season in each of the 3 big series.

And they chose the driver for it by drawing plinko chips... out of a hat.

Maybe next year we can find out who drives it by having the famed Super Bowl octopus select the driver?

I really miss the Roush of old.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  14. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Did I miss something? Where are you seeing/hearing this?

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Yeah that is stupid

15. 4WideRacing

Maybe the video that was posted right before this conversation started...

16. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

For some reason that Facebook video wasn't showing up on my phone

4WideRacing likes this.
  17. AMLNet49

The Roush of old would have entered all 3 of them in unsponsored cars full time, then shut two of the teams down mid season releasing the drivers because of “no sponsors and no room for him at the Cup level”

Even when the team was dominating all 3 series they still managed to make their Driver Development a huge shitshow. The Gong Show was a huge fraud, none of the people on it got the ride they were supposed to. And the only one who made it to Cup was David freaking Ragan

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  18. RacerXero84

The Roush of old had 5 competitive Cup teams.
    The Roush now shutters a competitive Xfinity team mid-season, has 2 Cup drivers that compete only at plate tracks, and has turned into a shadow of itself barely worth mentioning on a weekly basis.

Let's be honest, who here had Stenhouse making the Round of 8, even as a dark horse/underdog? Anyone? No? Didn't think so. But I digress.

19. ShadowKnight508

BrendonH12 likes this.
  20. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

I know Roush is tight on money, but come on - posting a screenshot from an Excel page with the spell-check marks still present?

ShadowKnight508 and GambitJon like this.