1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by BrendonH12, Mar 14, 2019.

1. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

mtblillie and Tetronix like this.
  2. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

This is earliest Kyle Busch had taken the lead for good in any of his four Fontana victories - he won his first ever race after assuming the lead with 7 to go (and it went green-white-checkered, so he actually led the last 11 laps) and his two previous victories at Fontana in 2013 and 2014 were on last lap passes. Busch took the lead from Logano with 26 to go on Sunday.

Chevrolet has only two top-five finishes this season - a 3rd by Kurt Busch in Atlanta, and a 5th by Kurt Busch in Las Vegas. Busch's teammate Kyle Larson has led more laps than all of Chevy drivers combined, but all of those laps came in the first 223 laps of the Atlanta race. Chevy doesn't look good at all this year.

The big 3 teams this year so far, like last year, are JGR + Satellite Team, SHR, and Penske. These three teams have won every race since Chase Elliott won at Kansas last October, and they won every race last year except for the Daytona 500 and Chase Elliott's three wins.

Kyle Busch won his 200th NASCAR national series race, in his 998th attempt. Kyle Busch's 1000th national race will be next Sunday at Martinsville. 179 of Kyle Busch's 200 were with Toyota.

NASCAR had a hard age limit of 18 years old from 2002 until 2013, because in 2001, a 16 year-old Truck Series driver was ejected from Fontana. That driver was ejected because CART's race was sponsored by Marlboro cigarettes and nobody under the age of 18 could participate in an event that weekend due to the Tobacco MSA. That driver was Kyle Busch, half his life ago.

MillsLayne and theusar like this.
  3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I really thought this was finally going to be the season where Chevy would be back on top or at least competitive. They seem to still just be off and behind. I definitely don't miss the days where it was a Chevy winning practically every other race, can't wait to see it happen in the future.

4. HJimenez42

HJimenez42 Well-Known Member

Do you know why the Chevrolet rear lights were changed for this event? I liked how they looked last year and this year until Phoenix...

5. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

6. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

A little late to the party but I was super excited for Kyle to get #200 at Auto Club, and especially since it was the cup race!