1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 Dirt Racing Season Thread

Discussion in 'Auto Racing Discussion' started by Tim2488, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Remember that weather pending? Yea, Night #2 of the Texas Outlaw Nationals has been rained out and won't be rescheduled. The Outlaws will take a week off before getting back into action April 26-28 for events at Lake Ozark Speedway, Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55, and Jacksonville Speedway.

Dodgeman4345 likes this.
  2. Devin41

Devin41 I wanna go fast!

Solid test and tune today almost ended bad with a loose RR on the #3 that was close to coming off. Still some work to do before the first race weekend May 3/4 in Aztec, NM.
    IMG_20190413_152048098.jpg IMG_20190413_152325249.jpg

Tim2488 and Dodgeman4345 like this.
  3. Firestorm 24

Firestorm 24 Well-Known Member

Super Dirt Series opener was this past Saturday, and I guess it went better than expected.

Dirt tracks are extremely difficult to get smooth in the early spring months, and Can-Am is literally 15 miles from the border of Canada. Mid-April is early to race anywhere in NY, but Can-Am is ultra far north, and it literally snowed there 2 days before the race. Track wasn't perfect as evidence by the cornfield on the frontstretch, but considering the date, track location, and weather leading up to the event, I thought the surface was fine.

It rained super hard there the night before, and the infield and pits were a swamp, so much so that some of the pits were blocked off cause it was a pond. The water table was so high that any divot in the surface on the frontstretch was filled with water, almost caused a couple wrecks when guys hit it at 120+

Side note, friend is on Larry Wight's team. Smacked a tire lap 1 turn 1, replaced the entire front end (literally everything but the RF shock and spring) in the pits under yellow. They came back out on lap 9, but they had only ran one lap under green. SDS rules say you can't go a lap down under caution, so Wight was only one lap down. Got the lucky dog, drove from the tail to the top 5 before finishing 6th, not bad for going off on the tow truck on lap 1.

Tim2488 and Dodgeman4345 like this.
  4. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

If anybody is looking for me tomorrow night. This is where I will be. Lol.

[​IMG]

ShadowKnight508 and Tim2488 like this.
  5. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

I've been to Delaware Speedway, but never to Georgetown surprisingly.

Dodgeman4345 likes this.
  6. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Well you should go to Georgetown. They don't race weekly like Delaware Speedway does. They mostly have big shows. I actually like going there better then I do Delaware Speedway or Delmar as we call it here. Lol.