1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 Formula One Discussion

Discussion in 'Auto Racing Discussion' started by Tetronix, Feb 7, 2019.

1. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

So much work goes into the paints and coatings they use, and a full on one off livery has to be unanimously approved by a lot of entities within F1 and the FIA, so it’s no surprise this is what the result is. It’s still fantastic symbolism and looks good too.

Riley Maddox and Tetronix like this.
  2. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

Today's race was a classic. One of the best I've ever seen.

3. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

That race was insanity. Mercedes not scoring, Vettel coming from 20th to 2nd, Lance fucking Stroll and Racing Point with amazing strategy, Daniil fucking Kvyat with a podium... My goodness.

matheus357 likes this.
  4. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Aren't we forgetting one little tiny crucial little detail?

WILLIAMS SCORED IN THE POINTS!

.... Mainly due to Alpha Romeo being hit with a penalty due to their clutches.

5. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

^ unfortunately it might not be enough of a turnaround for Williams to start a comeback, but it is nice to see them on the scoreboard again.

6. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Something I just thought of as an interesting theory to the season... What if we're watching history repeat itself after 10 years?

In 2009, Brawn GP started out as the dominant force of the season, snatching up race win after race win much like Mercedes has this year. However, about midway through the season, the chasing pack caught up to Brawn, and the team went from "Most Likely to Win" to "Podium Contender". Of the last 3 races, Mercedes has only 3 of the 9 possible podium spots (3rd in Austria, 1-2 at Silverstone), and scored no points yesterday in Germany. Could this be a sign that Red Bull, Ferrari, and the rest have begun to catch up?

matheus357 likes this.
  7. matheus357

matheus357 Always watching...

While it would be nice to see, I'm still expecting Hamilton to dominate the rest of the season. Doesn't change the fact that this race was amazing to watch, and that it would be great to see Mercedes being challenged or making mistakes more often.
    About the race, it still sucks for Hülkenberg. My heart sank when I saw him in the wall. Seems like something always happens when he's in contention for a podium.

Tetronix, Riley Maddox and mtblillie like this.
  8. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Alex Albon moves to Red Bull Racing starting as of Spa, replacing Pierre Gasly as he gets sent back down to Scuderia Toro Rosso.
    [​IMG]

My opinion:
    While I agree that Gasly needed to be removed, I just don't think Albon is ready for the jump. Maybe if he finished off the season at STR and got a full F1 season under his belt, I can see him transitioning. But I guess they have nothing to lose, as I can't see them surpassing Ferrari in constructors' by the end of the year.

Though it's not going to happen, I kinda thought that if they waited to see what was happening over at Mercedes, maybe RBR could swoop in and take Valtteri Bottas if they weren't resigning him but that's just imaginative thinking.

Riley Maddox likes this.
  9. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

I'm pretty pessimistic about this move. Yeah Gasly's performance hasn't been up to par, but why on earth would RBR think anything other than putting Albon in the car would be Gasly 2.0? Let's replace an underdeveloped driver with an even more underdeveloped driver. They got lucky that Max is a generational phenom. Odds are that won't happen again.

Also, guess I'll never trust anything that Helmut Marko says ever again.

Tetronix likes this.
  10. matheus357

matheus357 Always watching...

Well, I, for once, never believed their claims of Gasly being safe. It was bound to happen. No podiums for him in 12 races while Max has already won twice (nearly three times). I already expected those news during the summer break. And, just like most people, I believe that it might be a little too early to promote Albon to the main team. He hasn't even finished his rookie season yet and it's not like he was destroying Kyvat either. Sure, he was matching and occasionally beating him, but no dominance over him whatsoever. Red Bull simply don't want to look back after demoting Kyvat in 2016, since that would leave a bad image.
    I wish the best for Albon during the rest of the season, but I'm not expecting him to perform that much better. I sure hope he proves us wrong, though.
    And let's not forget that the last time they promoted a driver mid-season, it instantly produced results. :rolleyes:

11. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

I read somewhere that this is not Albon's final resting place either. Kvyat is a performance benchmark, so by cycling drivers against Kvyat, a known quantity, they can gauge their talent levels. Whichever does the best of the 3 will likely get the seat for 2020