5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2019 Formula One Discussion

Sebastian Ruiz

6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner
SRD Member
Reaction score
R.I.P. Anthoine Hubert. We're hope tomorrow's race would be much better than today's tragic F2 race.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
Juan Manuel Correa has fallen into Acute Respiratory Failure and currently in ICU. He is in an induced state of unconsciousness and under ECMO support, which is not a good sign.

In other news, Alex Peroni's F3 car launched off a random sausage kerb at Monza and landed upside down on top of a barrier, which probably would have killed him had it not been for the halo. He sounds to be ok. The kerb has been removed.

These last two weeks have been pretty not good.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Imagine the outcry if these wrecks were on ovals. My God, we wouldn't hear the end of it. As it is, though, why the hell would the FIA stick a damn ramp there?

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Imagine the outcry if these wrecks were on ovals. My God, we wouldn't hear the end of it. As it is, though, why the hell would the FIA stick a damn ramp there?
Someone doesn't know about Nurburgring.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
Leclerc wins again in a very eventful grand prix. First for Ferrari at home in 9 years.

Bottas bottled it a lot in the final 5 laps. And Seb's future I think is very questionable now.

nj9703

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bottas had a fantastic drive to come from 10+ seconds back. Ugh, if only he could’ve pulled it off.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
Renault have a really impressive 4-5 as well, good for them.

And I love how absolutely mad the tifosi are. Post-race sounded like a world cup match. Couldn't even hear the drivers in the cool down room since the front stretch was filled end to end with screaming Ferrari fans.

Hendrick4life

321 Wins | 17 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bottas, was struggling. Beating himself into 1, into 5, and even out of 9. I think the pressure of him trying to prove his new personna is getting to him. Meanwhile, Leclerc got away with a lot today, while it is a deserved win and I am happy for him, I can't help but not understand all the cheers everyone is giving him.

If Lewis or Max would have driven like that, they would have chastised them. I am excited to see Max in a Merc in the future. What he could do with TOP TOP equipment could be a nice Leclerc/Verstappen future.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
We might have a new meme lord

Tim2488

Everything Bacon.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Haas & Rich Energy officially part ways effective immediately.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Haas F1 on Instagram: "We’re delighted to confirm Romain Grojean and Kevin Magnussen for the 2020 season!"

So much for Hulkenburg going to the team for next year.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
Williams announced that Robert Kubica will be leaving the team at the end of the season. I think that if if Williams was smart, they'd bring in Hulkenberg and keep Latifi down in F2 and as a test driver. We'll see though.

TheOutlaw1272

No, you're breathtaking.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Haas F1 on Instagram: "We’re delighted to confirm Romain Grojean and Kevin Magnussen for the 2020 season!"

So much for Hulkenburg going to the team for next year.
The reason why they kept Grosjean is because Guenther Steiner really likes to watch himself on Drive to Survive.

Hendrick4life

321 Wins | 17 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
Leclerc has been just monstrous these past few weeks. Pole and now has a 1 second gap on lap 1.

Tetronix

#48EVER
SRD Member
Reaction score
So Nico Hulkenberg's chances at a 2020 ride have become even slimmer. Alfa Romeo will retain Antonio Giovinazzi's ride for next year. Giovinazzi currently sits 18th in the driver's championship table. Now - really the only shot Hulk has is Williams, as Kubica is departing.