1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 ISCRA Can Am Cup Series

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by crazyboy335, Jan 8, 2019.

1. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Do I Wanna Know?

We're back once again with another gigantic carset! This time around I promise I'll do my best to release this at a reasonable time for once.

Credits go to the following:
    Templates - Splash n' Go
    Bases - Me
    Logos - Google, Me, Wikipedia, Masgrafx, John Gamboa, Vector.me, BoTW, Racin Grafx, SRD, NNR
    Numbers - BER, Dafont, Me
    Renders - SNG scene modified by me

For 2019, the NQCS is bought out by the ISCRA, with a new title sponsor in Can Am. Sunoco also leaves the series, making Speedway the official fuel supplier of the ISCRA from here on.

ISPS star Benjamin Price looks to impress in his first season taking over for the retired Virgil Evans. Virgil finished 2018 winless, with four top 5s and twelve top 10s, but after a series of nasty crashes he decided the toll on his body was too much. He'll take a step back and become a driver coach for Pilot Racing and help mentor Price as he adjusts to the Cup Series.

Price will be sponsored by Mobil 1 for 31 races, while Rush Truck Centers takes the other 5.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robin McKee returns to the #27 for 2019 with a fire in her eye and the skill to win a championship. In 2018, she finished sixth in points with a win, seven top 5s, and nineteen top 10s, proving that the youth movement is still in full force. Panasonic becomes her new primary sponsor, covering her for 28 races. Oakley will take the other 8.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lucas Malone turned many heads in 2018, which was a surprise to nearly everyone compared to his track record before the season started. Lucas came home 7th in 2018, with two wins, ten top 5s, eighteen top 10s, and three poles. He led 835 laps over the course of the season, a staggering 15% of the total laps completed, though he led the most laps without bringing home the bacon five(!) times. It may have taken him until race 17 at Dover to break through and get his first win, but after that the ball started rolling, and he finished out the year strong and ready for 2019. This season, he returns with his Harman 6x6 sponsorship, though DigiTech will replace Arcam.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's pretty weird to think that your most disappointing driver finished 11th in points, but compared to his teammates Kyle Slater wasn't quite up to snuff. Kyle had various struggles throughout the year, but still managed to end the season with a win at Pocono, eleven top 5s, and thirteen top 10s. He hopes to rebound and find the success of his teammates in 2019, but it will be an uphill battle, especially as he gets to grips with the new Challenger bodies and aero package. Sapphire returns as the primary sponsor for 21 races, while Fastenal returns for 7. Mobil 1 will run for the 5 races that teammate Benjamin Price has Rush Truck Centers on the car, while Jack in the Box will take the other 3 races.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Stay tuned for more!

2. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

[​IMG]

3. crazyboy335

Casey Dawson returns for 2019 after a solid showing in 2018, despite not winning any races. The Oregon native finished 8th in points, the highest in points without a win, with five top 5s and a staggering twenty top 10s. He was frequently a frontrunner throughout the season, but never really contended for the lead. This season, he hopes to change that. With a massive surge in funding from Peak and BlueDef, the team looks to visit victory lane a lot in 2019 as the premier Team Cherikee car. Peak will run for 14 races, while BlueDef runs for 12. Spotify will run 6 races as Ebay takes the remaining four.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Outstanding work Steven! ;)

crazyboy335 likes this.
  5. crazyboy335

Krista Noel had a wider range of success in 2018 than her teammates, winning two races en route to a 14th place points finish. However, in the offseason, sponsor Dewalt announced their departure for Dean Campbell in the Sparco Pro Series, leaving Krista and fellow driver Duke Tillman without sponsorship for 2019. Luckily, Smithfield saw promise in the 28-year old and offered to join the #35 team for all 36 races of the 2019 season. Krista definitely has the tools to be a force in the ISCRA. It's just a matter of being consistent.

[​IMG]

6. crazyboy335

Duke Tillman had an up-and-down 2018, finishing 18th in points with two wins, five top 5s, and thirteen top 10s. However, he had a series-leading 9 DNFs over the course of the season, much to the disdain of his sponsor Stanley. The group left Team Cherikee for greener pastures, eventually settling on Sparco champion Dean Campbell. For 2019, Duke will be sponsored by Sony for 28 races, while Eibach Springs takes the other 8. Duke is on thin ice at Team Cherikee, and if he doesn't turn it around soon he'll be sent back to Texas without a job.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corey Hawkins enjoyed his first year back to the track after his enlistment in the National Guard, even though it didn't quite translate to the track as he imagined. Corey started off 2018 red hot, winning 3 of the first 6 races at Binghamton, Rockingham, and Bristol, but quickly faded and ended 2018 13th in points with eight top 5s and thirteen top 10s. For 2019, his sponsor lineup remains the same, as the National Guard and Skykick both return for 30 and 6 races respectively.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. crazyboy335

Wayne Clark's 2018 was a tumultuous one, finishing 15th in points with three wins, eight top 5s, and thirteen top 10s. He first broke thru at Homestead, where a shitshow emerged after a late caution. With a restart with two to go, the majority of the field dove down pit road unexpectedly, causing a massive stackup which ended with Chris Howard rolling over three times down pit road. Two more wins at Armory Digital and Talladega helped seal him as one of the finer plate racers in the series, despite not having much outstanding skill on other track types. Amazon departs from Clark to replace a sponsorship gap in teammate Devin Sawyer's schedule, while Nationwide covers 24 races. Home Depot will cover 8 more races, as Popeyes takes the remaining four.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. crazyboy335

Devin Sawyer finished 2nd in points in 2018, just 31 points shy of the first ISCRA Cup championship. With four wins, fourteen top 5s, and twenty-five top 10s, the 31-year old had a sudden charge into the points battle after Alex Pearson began to falter midseason. However, he was held off and had to settle for second. For 2019, Devin looks to steal the title away and seal his position in ISCRA lore. Oracle will return for 18 races, while Amazon moves from Wayne Clark to the #21 camp for 12 races. Powermatic rounds out the schedule with 6 races on the hood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. crazyboy335

Bryce Lancaster had a solid 2018, finishing 16th in points with two wins, seven top 5s, and fourteen top 10s, enough to snag the ROTY award. For 2019, Bryce is much more prepared, and as he does double duty in the Sparco Pro Series, he looks to be more of a threat in Cup. Element returns for 27 races, while Orbitz takes the other 9.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Craig Thornton's 2018 was par for the course, finishing 11th in points with a win at Martinsville, seven top 5s, and fifteen top 10s. He was never a particular threat to win, but always found himself within the top 15 every week. For 2019, Craig looks to break out for Texas Motorsports, but he has plenty of stiff competition to go up against. Castrol returns for 18 races, as Wawa takes 6, Albertsons runs 5, ASUS runs 4, Toyotacare runs 2, and Freightliner runs 1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. phantom17

phantom17 Well-Known Member

great work on this set

crazyboy335 likes this.
  11. horseman89

horseman89 Well-Known Member

Definitely this will be second most waited set for me in 2019 after 2019 Japan GT series by twcom.

InsideLine and crazyboy335 like this.
  12. Dajon

Dajon PhycoGhost

What are some of the fonts that you use for your numbers? All of them from every set look really good.

crazyboy335 likes this.
  13. crazyboy335

The 70 and 87 use a modified He's Dead Jim, the 52 is ITC Bolt, the 35 is Aardvark, and the 92 is the same font as the windshield. The 4 was drawn from scratch. All others can be found on BER.

InsideLine and Phoenix like this.