1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

For Two people, tickets and lodging in a rental house for two nights is $250 altogether, which would run $383.21 today.

Sources:
    https://web.archive.org/web/19990220152438/http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/
    https://web.archive.org/web/1999082...?CONTEXT=cat&BISKIT=91952402228192&category=9
    https://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=250&year=1999

joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  2. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

My first race was 2002 Sonoma and the whole weekend was like $150, which included the Featherlite race and all the practices and qualifying. Fun fact, that was the race that Sears Point was renamed to Infineon. Everything on Thursday and Friday said Sears Point (even our tickets) and we showed up on Saturday where they are changing all the signs to say Infineon. We had no idea what was going on.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  3. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

In 2004 my wife and I paid $450 for 2 Bristol night race Cup tickets. Hotel room in Johnson city was around $200 for the night.

4. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

Last year trying to go to Kentucky for the weekend, was going to run about $2,000 USD for a family of four. By time gas, hotel, food & tickets. Then on top of that exchange rate, just made it impossible to be able to do it. Sucks, because I have only ever been to 1 American NASCAR Sanctioned event (Michigan).

5. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

6. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Per Chris Knight's Twitter:

Xfinity: Shane Lee is finalizing his plans to return to the NASCAR Xfinity Series later this summer with a brand new Xfinity team and partners. Official announcement and rollout expected in the next few weeks.

7. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Dover will undergo a renovation of the garage and turns 1-2 following this week's race.

-Garage space will be expanded from 18.4K to 23.1K Sq Ft, an expansion of 20%

-Turns 1-2 apron grass will be removed, will be fully paved with Safer Barrier surrounding the inside of the turn giving a larger footprint for the garage area.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  8. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

That will be an interesting change.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  9. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

That is going to be an interesting change and even more interesting to see it in person come October. Probably will look similar to how Turn 3 looks now with the Safer Barrier on the outside of the grass.

10. HJimenez42

HJimenez42 Well-Known Member

Grass is the thing that makes Dover special....Now it really will look like a 1-mile Bristol.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  11. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

12. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder Why are you the way that you are?

Thank God. Instead of adding five more rules, they just got rid of it. I'm beside myself that NASCAR finally admitted they screwed up and reverted to a previous format. Bravo, NASCAR.

13. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio, NASCAR Furry

Gee Teams, Thanks for killing a format i liked by constantly sitting on pit road for 4 minutes /s

Ah well, If this means this'll stop the sitting, i'll take it.
    I did say i'll take single car qualifying back only if it meant putting an end to sitting on pit road.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  14. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

2 months ago the Competition Director was like "No way will we go back to single car qualifying!" Man does time fly!

15. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

This may be a really wild misinterpretation of the rules that were in place, but why didn't they just stagger the cars during the round? I don't see why they can't just line the cars up by practice speed, and send one every 10-15 seconds. It would take only a little more than 10 minutes.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  16. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

NASCAR identifying a screw-up and simply reverting back to the old rules instead of breaking them more?? INCONCEIVABLE!!

17. CarlEdwardsRulz

CarlEdwardsRulz Can someone change that to Joey Logano?

I didn’t care either way honestly. I’m just glad they changed it, because SO MANY people were screaming for it. Once again nascar does what they all want.

Wonder how long until the same folks start crying about how boring single car qualifying is to watch... 10 cars into Dover qualifying???

18. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Never once complained, also, never saw people complain about single car qualifying, even in the cesspool that is Twitter (Reddit is a different story, IMO that place is straight cancer regardless); personally, the less gimmicky, the better. Keep it simple, and let the racing product speak for itself without excessive gimmicks, rules, etc.

19. CarlEdwardsRulz

CarlEdwardsRulz Can someone change that to Joey Logano?

... and I agree, simple is better. But some of these social hangouts never stop complaining about nascar. That was my point. Hold their beer and see what they come up with next...

EDIT: The sport has had some good racing and some good moments in recent years. I just don’t think it gets some of the credit it deserves. NASCAR can never please everyone in the grandstands. I feel like they’ve tried to handle it best they can.

Bottom line, like you said... simple is better.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  20. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

There is a rumor beginning to go around that CGR is running in to some financial issues since losing Target and then DC Solar.

Riley Maddox and joeykraus19 like this.