1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 Hottest Rookie of 2019

I think I also heard that Ford might not continue with the IMSA program in the future. So it looks like things aren't getting any easier. :/

2. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio, NASCAR Furry

Considering they ended up closing the Xfinity Team because of DC Solar, i wouldn’t be surprised if they are.

Riley Maddox and joeykraus19 like this.
  3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Consider it more than a 'rumor'.

4. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

5. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder Why are you the way that you are?

Saw a report that NASCAR will bring all the cars to pit road and shut them off to honor the military after stage 2 of the Coke 600. Kinda worried that they'll just kill a ton of laps doing this. What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

6. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

I don't really see anything wrong with it... I'm all for anything supporting our troops. I also don't really see how they could run the lap count up if they're just sitting on the pits for a few minutes.

7. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

It was neat when they did it in 2009, since that was, you know, actually ON Memorial Day because of the rain delay, but idk. I don't see why they have to put it in the middle of the race instead of prerace like they do any other year. Already a long enough race as it is... seems... odd...

Riley Maddox likes this.
  8. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

Is that not what the entire pre-race and name banner deal is supposed to do? Didn't realize there was anything else to add.

Just sounds like more bumper sticker pandering and more opportunity for FOX to run adverts. If the break was used to talk about something substantive like how to contribute to help the issues of veteran homelessness and suicides, I might be less pessimistic.

9. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread

I heard someone on Twitter say that this feels like testing a new race format with half time breaks, while using the troops as a mask so they can't be criticized, and honestly that's how I feel.

If you're gonna stop the race half way, just get rid of the first half entirely. There's literally no point in racing in the first half if you're just gonna erase all the gaps arbitrarily because "muh troops"

dudeman21, Tetronix, theusar and 7 others like this.
  10. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

I don't seem to recall forgetting what Memorial Day is about.

11. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

From jayski.com
    A deal to relaunch the website has been finalized and a new site is currently being built. We now expect the new site to debut sometime Monday, May 13!
    Press releases and other information can be sent to the shared jayski@jayski.com address. Messages to that email will go to Jay, Scott, and Amanda all at once.

12. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

@SODACOOKIESS if your on this Board like you are on RURA. What is your source to RPM shutting down after the 600?

13. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

Not that it helps at all in the slightest, but I have been haring a lot about this too.

14. ThatOneShredder

I actually just came here to post this. There's a lot of rumblings that Andrew Murstein plans to/has pulled out of RPM. Potentially shutting down as soon as after Menorial Day Weekend. Have not seen one specific source but several small signs are starting to point to it.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  15. CCM284

CCM284 Active Member

I posted this on the reddit, but tbh it wouldn't surprise me if they did shut down. It would be sad to see a team with such a big name go, but the writing has been on the wall for a few years now. Ever since they switched to Chevy and Almirola went to SHR taking Smithfield and a few other sponsors with him, their performance has decreased dramatically and Murstein is really the only one keeping the team running.

Petty4345 likes this.
  16. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

“Every tweet, every message, every way to reach me has been read by me. I may not like, I may not comment back or respond back. It’s just tough times right now. But I do appreciate it and it makes me cry reading all that stuff. Makes me feel really good and humbled to know there’s that love and support out there. Thank you, guys, I love you.”

Wallace then addressed this weekend’s All-Star Race. Wallace will compete in the Monster Energy Open. He can transfer to the All-Star Race by winning one of the three stages or through the fan vote.

A shot at a million dollars is nice, not exactly sure it would help with what’s going on,” Wallace said. “But I’d love to get behind the wheel and fight for you guys and hell, I’d probably buy you guys a beverage or two if we won.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/0...fans-for-love-and-support-during-tough-times/

17. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

That sucks, I wonder if that has something to do with Bubba's depression issues also. It's possible they are not related, and just bad timing, but Bubba has shown talent in the lesser series and deserves more than just getting cut off mid season.

18. ThatOneShredder

Except this literally happened to him in a lesser series in 2017.

Shockey Rai and joeykraus19 like this.
  19. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

Unfortunately you are right. He was sitting 4th in points when that happened to add insult to injury.

20. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I also found this on another site that I visit.

"Hi Guys-

I’m Lance Brown Vice President, marketing and communications at Richard Petty Motorsports, I’m not positive where this communication/rumor started or who started it, but I can assure you of a few things. There are no plans to change the name of the organization nor will be selling any of our charters. Sorry for the buzz kill... Bubba is our guy and will be our guy for a long time to come.

Vote Bubba into the All-Star race!

Bubba Wallace Fan Vote

Lance"

He left that comment in the RPM thread on reddit. Is verified as well.

Tetronix, joeykraus19 and mtblillie like this.