1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2019 SRD SuperTruck Series - Round 1 - Daytona

Discussion in 'SRD Camping World Truck Offline League' started by MWick4, Jun 5, 2019.

1. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

Root wins the race off pit road followed by Farrell (-1), Wichelman, and Ehresman. Caudill is still being serviced as they pull away.

2. MWick4

Lap 69: Root has a two second lead over Wichelman and Ehresman, they have to hook up if they want a shot at it.

3. MWick4

Lap 70: White flag Connor Root. Wichelman and Ehresman gained half a second on him that lap but it may be too late.

4. MWick4

Checkered Flag: Off of turn four, Wichelman and Ehresman didn't have enough time. Connor Root is going to take the victory at Daytona!
    70.jpg

matheus357 likes this.
  5. dacinch8

dacinch8 Striving on Sweet Iced Tea

Garage: “Disappointing debut for our team today. We all deserved better, knowing that we had good strategy the whole race and we get involved in a wreck that wasn’t even our fault. Just like to thanks the sponsors and our team to make this happen. Not really a great transition from Open Wheels to Tough Trucks. Let’s try to salvage something at The Rock and see how it goes from there.”

6. MWick4

2019 SRD Truck Results - Daytona-1.jpg

We had five cautions today for 20 laps and 30 official lead changes among 15 different drivers.

2019 SRD Points Chart-1.jpg

7. TheRedHerring

TheRedHerring Well-Known Member

Did much better than I expected. Now the real hunt begins

8. MWick4

When you’re one of eleven trucks left on track you can’t do too bad:p

9. TheRedHerring

TheRedHerring Well-Known Member

I always go into a start of a rookie season with low expectations

10. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

I hate it for us and the 76. We did get some good laps in and will improve down the road. Really excited for Fiorentini and his crew!! Awesome job out there and the call to stay out...ballsy!! That’s what I’m talking about!!!

matheus357 likes this.
  11. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

I'm pissed, but I'm also very happy for Root getting his first win for EMS to start the season. Hopefully a sign of good things to come.

In the mean time, uhhhh I took out my frustration on the parking lot.
    upload_2019-6-8_17-33-45.png

12. XxTeam48LowesXx

XxTeam48LowesXx Jimmie Johnson Fan

"Not sure why but we had to remove the hood of the truck on the pitstop. That really sucks cause we missed all the accidents and were doing really good. Deserved a better finish but can't really complain with 10th at Daytona. Onto the next one!"

13. dacinch8

dacinch8 Striving on Sweet Iced Tea

Damnit Sean why did you run over my 5-speed

Saan Anguish likes this.
  14. MWick4

May want to remind him to turn in his flat because after this week he won’t run again without one

Saan Anguish likes this.
  15. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"Absolutely pissed off. We didn't have the greatest of races early on but slowly made it up into the top 10, then the damn tard just pulls out in front of me for no damn reason, ruins the race for us and goes onto win the damn race. Unbelievable, I really don't know what to say right now. "

16. Tyler Jennings

Tyler Jennings Well-Known Member

"Honestly thought we had a good truck today, but superspeedway racing is insanely frustrating as we got caught up in 3 different incidents. I'll take 11th, but we should've been in contention for a win. Hopefully, we can improve as the season goes on, but as frustrating as this race was, first race in a non-open wheel car was fun."

17. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

"I don't know if I'm should be happy with this race or not. One one hand I got 8th, but on the other hand, I caused two incidents early in the race and all three of our trucks were involved in the Big One on lap 42. I felt sorry for the others that got accidentally taken out in those incidents, I drove so bad in this race and I felt I don't deserve the 8th place I got since I kinda took out several competitors. I want to earn the results in a fair and square way but, well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

The 98 Star Twinkle Precure Silverado felt great when it was on the pace though, and considering only one of our RMR Silverados were out of the race somehow, I would say its a decent week. Involved in one too many incidents, but two of our Trucks survived and I think Rogers' Truck shouldn't be a case of a written-off one by the looks of it."

18. matheus357

matheus357 Very Occasional Painter

Fiorentini: "Honestly, I'm just glad we managed to survive all the carnage that happened during the race. But most credit goes to our crew chief, whose strategy allowed us to remain on the lead lap and finish strong. Fourth place is good, but we certainly could've done better. Unfortunately, our late race contact with the #11 washed away our shot at the win. Expect us to contend at Rockingham."

19. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: "Well, this week started off on a high-note for BHR with Brett winning his Duel... Then the race happened *chuckles* I just want to say that this race was crazy... Guys wrecking every five seconds it seems. And the #11... Look, you can't pull those kind of moves in front of a rookie driver. He's not gonna be able to avoid that type of thing in his first start in the "Great American Truck Race." Anyway, that move cost Joey, myself, and a few others a good finish today. But that stuff happens at tracks like this, and you just got to learn to expect it. I'm just so thrilled over the speed that all three of our Dodge Rams had this weekend. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come here in the SRD Truck Series for BHR. I know we'll have our work cut out for us, with two rookie drivers, a two-year veteran that still drives like a rookie, and a brand new team, but we still have high hopes for this season. Gotta thank Penske Truck Rentals, Peterbilt, Hertz, Primanti Bros, and all our other partners that helped us get here. Oh, and some things just never change - I'm looking at you, @thedude1987... *laughs hysterically* On to my next home track at Rockingham next week..."

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Cutch22, thedude1987 and joeykraus19 like this.
  20. hiarcracing

hiarcracing Well-Known Member

@JRemington76 - so that didn't go great. guess that's plate racing. moving on, let's see what we can do @ rockingham next weekend. love that place!