10 - Nutrien Ag Solutions Camaro - CLT2 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
10 - Dynagro Seed Camaro - TAL2 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

2020 Daytona Speedweeks presented by AdventHealth at Daytona Race Weekend Discussion

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
What a race. The most dump truck looking car wins the race and that one restart looked like a D Class race in iracing. If this is any indication of the package then the duels and 500 are going to be nuts.

Ajwehr

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Love the quote from Mike Joy - Erik Jones is gonna win the Busch Clash in a car that's ready for the dumpster!

BrendonH12

Lover of Jesus / SRD Pick'em Series Lt. Commish
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins the Busch Pole Award for the Daytona 500; he and Alex Bowman to lead the field to green for the "Great American Race!"
gettyimages-1205095131-e1581279136969.jpg
e7af311d-6260-4016-a220-ff9746030f68-speedweeks-pole-cars.jpg

Erik Jones wins the Busch Crash Clash!
83c44632-fb57-4cbe-a65b-196510a3a7d4-clash-hamlin-jones-push.jpg

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
I thought of this yesterday.. if Denny Hamlin would have passed Jones before the line, (Giving Jeff Gordon calling Denny Hamlin the Winner) wouldn't it be the first time a driver Un-lapped himself without the help of a Caution or Lucky Dog?

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
I thought of this yesterday.. if Denny Hamlin would have passed Jones before the line, (Giving Jeff Gordon calling Denny Hamlin the Winner) wouldn't it be the first time a driver Un-lapped himself without the help of a Caution or Lucky Dog?
Nowhere near, back in the day it was never too far fetched for a guy like Elliott or Earnhardt to have a problem and race their way back on the lead lap. Earnhardt did it once at Charlotte after spinning Greg Sacks to get a caution, which he was given a one lap penalty for, and Elliott famously did it at Talladega after he went two laps down. Took him about 100 laps and no cautions to get his laps back and retake the lead and win. And those are just instances of guys doing it and winning. I'm sure it's happened many more times.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bill Elliott was actually known for doing it in the 80s. The comments would be something like "Bill Elliott just went a lap down, but don't count him out yet.."

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Nowhere near, back in the day it was never too far fetched for a guy like Elliott or Earnhardt to have a problem and race their way back on the lead lap. Earnhardt did it once at Charlotte after spinning Greg Sacks to get a caution, which he was given a one lap penalty for, and Elliott famously did it at Talladega after he went two laps down. Took him about 100 laps and no cautions to get his laps back and retake the lead and win. And those are just instances of guys doing it and winning. I'm sure it's happened many more times.
I'd expect Dale sr. to be on that list, but since the whole 2003 Dale Jarrett incident at Loudon? there is probably alot but no one really notices..

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Good truck race, when the one truck flipped I swear I was seeing NR2003 for a moment the way it slid across the track in the same way. Natalie Decker with a 5th place too, that was unexpected.

phantom17

SRD Member
Reaction score
FS2 is showing the race replay I think any news will be broadcast there now there is no Nascar America