1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

2020 Daytona Speedweeks presented by AdventHealth at Daytona Race Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by BrendonH12, Feb 5, 2020.

1. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Are all those pictures of the crash really necessary?

Prayers for Ryan and his family

BrendonH12 and Elio Lugaru like this.
  2. hiarcracing

hiarcracing Well-Known Member

what a brutal fucking wreck, i still cannot believe that he's alive. sorry to be frank, but jesus

Andy22 and EarnhardtFan like this.
  3. MDLDesigns

MDLDesigns Fictional Paint Extraordinaire

I posted them now because we know he will be ok and these were amazing photos.

4. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

We know he's alive

5. hiarcracing

i'm not going to include it in this thread, but this picture was the one that floored me the most

6. Brandon Thornton

Brandon Thornton Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

At this point I'm just glad he's alive. Hoping he can make a full recovery and be back on track whenever he's ready.

We do know one thing though now:

Even death can't pass Ryan Newman.

7. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Inspection clear. Hamlin official winner. Newman and Lajoie cars are headed to R&D

BigXBartlet, Andy22 and mtblillie like this.
  8. wslates

wslates 1

So glad to hear Newman survived and does not have life threatening injuries. I'm hoping he can make a recovery and strap back in a race car.

Hoping that NASCAR can at least get a good amount of data from this wreck to try to make the cars safer.

Pull through, Rocketman.

9. MillsLayne

MillsLayne 2x Champ, guys.

giphy.gif

10. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

I won't post it in here but I found a picture of newman being extracted, he had a neck brace on but was hanging onto medical workers so he was conscious and did have use of his upper body which is great news.

puckhogg11 likes this.
  11. Brandon Thornton

12. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

So glad to hear that his injuries aren’t life-threatening. Hopefully, we’ll have a little bit more news on his condition later on today. Scary, scary wreck. Don’t think I’ve ever cried at the end of a race, hoping that one of my all-time favorite drivers would be alright, and I hope I never have to again.

13. Brandon Thornton

I hear you man. I've always been a huge Newman fan as well. Screamed my lungs out watching him win the Brickyard, cheered him on to win the 2014 championship throughout the Chase, even watched him beat out Tony Stewart in the 500 in one of my first races I'd ever watched. The moment I saw him in that wreck tonight, I'd thought we lost another great athlete in this sport. I was refreshing Twitter every five seconds and sat down and waited on Press Pass for like an hour for an official word on his condition. Leading up to that was one of the most tense moments of my life. I was only a couple of months old when Dale Sr. passed away, I never had to deal with anyone this close to me passing away unexpectedly before. I'm so glad he'll be able to be around, not only for NASCAR, but also his children. I can't even imagine what Krissie is thinking at the moment as well.

If you ever need to talk, my PM's are open @BrendonH12. I know how tough it was for me, I can't imagine what you went through.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    BrendonH12 likes this.
  14. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I've been watching the wreck in slow motion multiple times.

That entire car warped and twisted in an unreal way. Newman is incredibly lucky to be alive.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  15. Swagger Racing 26

Swagger Racing 26 Well-Known Member

Newman had sooo many horrible flips and wrecks at plate tracks and was complaining about it that NASCAR has to change things...
    I guess after this one he had enough and will retire right now for good as he's glad he's still alive and probably thinking life is too short let me enjoy my life with my kids in peace..

16. hiarcracing

17. CCM284

CCM284 Well-Known Member

That's amazing news!

18. Sebastian Ruiz

Sebastian Ruiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

This song it's dedicated to Ryan Newman, I'm glad he's OK.

19. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

I know some of you may disagree with him on things, but here is a video by David Land about the events of what happened, and what he feels needs to change.

20. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

I didn't listen to the video, but Nascar needs to do something about the bumpers of all makes at superspeedways. They've got to reshape them so it's safer to bump draft. Pushing someone in the draft even down the straights looks to be risky business as it currently stands. And it shouldn't.

I think the cars a safe enough. After all, there is only so much you can plan for when cars are going 200+mph and there are 43 cars within seconds of each other. Shit happens. Anyone thinking you can't die or get severely injured in that sort of scenario, shouldn't be driving a race car. And if you aren't a driver, but a fan, family member, or team member, that's a reality they better realize.

If Nascar could make it easier/safer to bump draft, I think that would go a long way if we are talking about driver safety. I think it certainly would have avoided what we saw with Newman. I don't think it would have helped with the Logano scenario though. That was just a case of being a dumbass. And you can't fix stupid.