2020 NASCAR Season Return Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendrick9Fan

Guy who paints a lot of cars.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Bryan Clauson drives the #40 Fastenal Dodge during the NNS Diamond Hill Plywood 200 on May 9, 2008 at Darlington. (feat. Kevin Harvick)

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
With Virginia's stay at home order going until June 10, I think our countdown just became a little longer.
Realistically this won't be over until then at the earliest (though it isn't impossible for it to end sooner). Someone posted on the silly season news thread that NASCAR may try to run the race without fans/public attendance (and I am assuming as minimal staff as possible).

nascarfan9

Vito Crowleone
SRD Member
Reaction score
Realistically this won't be over until then at the earliest (though it isn't impossible for it to end sooner). Someone posted on the silly season news thread that NASCAR may try to run the race without fans/public attendance (and I am assuming as minimal staff as possible).
It's not going to be possible for them to do that with the stay at home order. I suspect we'll get an official announcement from NASCAR in the next day or two. Teams have to be able to prepare the cars, so they'll need a week or two, and with North Carolina having a similar one in place that could be extended, I just don't see it happening.

Hendrick9Fan

Guy who paints a lot of cars.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna have to pause the countdown until we know more. It's looking like a late June/early July return in the best case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.