Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

3DO's in Sandbox

bubbadodge

SRD Member
Reaction score
I've been working all day yesterday and today at making a Darlington 2017, and with permission from Sean at FSE, I was allowed to do public release. Before I can do that though, I noticed when I opened it in Sandbox, the Lights, Grandstand, and billboards just disappeared. Once again to be a bother, but can someone help me with 3DO's? I go to put something into sandbox, but it shows up invisible. I also can't put the MIP's on 3do's in sandbox. Is there any fix for this? Thanks. My apologies if it's been asked before, but I couldn't find a solution or any related issue.

**EDIT** I also can't rotate 3DO's in sandbox either.

Last edited:

nj9703

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Maybe try loading up a default track before opening the one you are having issues with. That fixes the issue for me, not every time, but most.

bubbadodge

SRD Member
Reaction score
Nope, Still nothing. I got the 3do's reloaded after reinstalling but the grandstands still do not load.

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
How many 3do's do you have in the trackfolder? Seems that if there are too many they'll turn invisible.
As for the "can't rotate" part, make sure they're set to "Fixed" instead of "Moving" in the 3do editing window (tick boxes above the rotation sliders)

bubbadodge

SRD Member
Reaction score
60 3DO's. All from the shared.dat unpack. I also don't have any boxes above the rotation sliders. All I see is Fixed/Moving.

Last edited:

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on editing the 3do's from Shared it's much better to keep them in Shared folder only. Saves a lot of space and you place them exactly the same as if they're in the track folder.

Tick boxes might not be the right word. What I mean is that when Moving is ticked all the placement and rotation options are greyed out. When Fixed is ticked all the options are open for adjustment.

Attachments

bubbadodge

SRD Member
Reaction score
Oh those boxes. Yeah I have those clicked, but wasn't sure which would make it rotate *edit* I got the rotate down. Also the track won't load unless the 3do's are in the folder. I added a 3do but I wasn't sure what to do with the graphics. How do I put MIP's on 3DO's? Another issue is I'll put it in sandbox, exit, then reenter and it's gone.

Last edited:

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
Do you have the folders set up correctly? There should be one folder called Tracks (might work with any name but since tracks is as good as any I haven't experimented :p) and inside of that there should be at minimum 2 folders, one called Shared (with all the files from an unpacked shared.dat in it) and one with the track you're working on. Something like
Tracks
---Shared
---Darlington_bubbadodge

"put mip's on 3do's"
you can only edit the existing mip's on a 3do (unless you're using 3dsimed, 3dsmax etc) but rightclick on the 3do and open it with Notepad. When it's opened you can search for "mip" and you'll see what mip's you have to work with.

"Reenter and gone"
that could be that there are too many 3do's in the trackfolder or, if you're really lucky, that they're just hidden underneath under surface. When you place them, select them and have a look in the camera window. You wont see the 3do itself but you can tell by the yellow lines if it's above or below the ground.

bubbadodge

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yep I see them in the camera view but it's invisible. I'll see if there's any 3do's that could be deleted. I was curious about the MIP's because they were showing up invisible and thought that might be the issue. I've got those 2 folders in my tracks folder, I'll try and find 3do's that aren't needed.

riviera71

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, if you haven't gotten anywhere (as in, with 3do's showing up) it might be best to start over with a fresh Darlington_FSE without all the files from shared dropped into it.
iirc a couple of the packing programs (defbuilder and nr2k3datter) will find and exclude any unused files from the .dat it compiles.

bubbadodge

SRD Member
Reaction score
I ran it through the trackDATter and it got rid of some stuff. Another thing I noticed is it's open in 3dsimed and it shows the 3do's. *edit* It works! 3DSimED puts it in game!!

dsmi155

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's a bug in sandbox; it's because you have too many 3d0's in your track folder. Whenever this happens to me, I just move the track I'm working on to a USB flash drive or move it outside of the track folder into the same folder as the sandbox.exe. If that fails or you get track loading errors, copy the ENTIRE shared folder into the track folder, but DO NO allow it to overwrite anything already in the track folder. One of these two steps should get everything working for you, they always have for me.

bubbadodge

SRD Member
Reaction score
I did that with one of the tracks I'm working on and it's working fine! Thanks for that as well!