1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

3DS Max 2016 Having Issues with MENCS Beta Scene

Discussion in '3dsMax Help or Questions' started by NascarMan32, Oct 7, 2017.

1. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

Right, so I've been playing around with the reflections and stuff in the scene, and it's been working fine. However, as soon as I open the Render Setup page or change a material type, the hood and windows won't render properly, regardless of whether or not I change any settings.

Here's what I get without changing any settings except material parameters.
    93_t_mallon_intel.jpg

Here's what I get after changing the body material type to anything besides Standard (fixes back to previous image when I change it back to Standard).
    93_t_mallon_intel_broken.jpg

Here's what I get after simply opening the Render Setup dialogue. Keep in mind that it does not matter whether or not I make any changes to settings.
    93_t_mallon_intel_broken_2.jpg

Any suggestions?

2. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

Any word on how to tackle this issue as I’ve had it start doing this as well?

3. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

What render engine are you using? Standard material works for scanline, but if it is Mental Ray, Vray or ART you need to try an appropriate material. Arch & Design or Physical materials work better for the advanced engines.