1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

704 Games Esports Shutting Down

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by bvc, Nov 20, 2019.

1. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

2. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

So what does this mean for the Nascar Heat series? Gone for good or is that other team he spoke of going to continue it? NH4 has been fun from what I've played and if Nascar Heat is over for good then here we go again ... waiting for another developer and we start over at square one with mediocre Nascar games ...

MrDude68 and InsideLine like this.
  3. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 Unhealthily Obsessed With Backmarkers

From what I gather just the esports side of things got shut down, which after the farce of the Pro league finale, I can see why.

4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

What happened in the finale? Some type of cheating or a big fight? If its a fight I gotta see a video lol

5. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 Unhealthily Obsessed With Backmarkers

from what I've gathered, the race was just an utter madhouse, and the driving standards were sort of below what you'd expect for a premier online series. Such as the leader being taken out by a reckless move from second.(Either him, or somebody else, I know the leader did get nailed)

Mystical likes this.
  6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Here's what happened in the championship race:

Also, change the title, because 704 isn't shutting down, only their esports development team is because the league fell flat on its face from what I've heard. We're still going to be getting games for now.

MrDude68 and Mystical like this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Thats good we will still get Heat games, was worried they were just getting shut down out of nowhere.

8. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Well-Known Member

I fell like if iracing can put a game together for offline with ai and at a fair price,704 would be dead in the water anyways. I know people complain about the membership cost a month, but what's the difference in that and buying a couple of challenges and car skins a month like 704 does?

9. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

The title made me scared, happy to see it was just the Pro League

Mystical likes this.
  10. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Yeah the guys next post in twitter clarified saying Nascar Heat isn't going anywhere. I think he should have stated that first lol.

11. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Difference is a complete game with AI, being done and shipped at 50 USD vs 100 USD per year, plus cost of addons (cars, tracks), and the fact that, it does seem they cannot for the life of them get the tire model working properly and the sheer number of exploits coming out over the last 2 years is staggering. Couple that with the fact they supposedly had the AI almost ready to go a YEAR+ ago and then completely failed to deliver anything.... yeah. To each their own, but honestly, at this point, even IF they put out AI for iRacing, they'll never see another cent from me again, unless they push it out for 50-60 bucks flat rate (which they will NOT do, I promise you that).

DaleTona75 likes this.
  12. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

And absolutely no one is shocked. Didn't expect this to last at all with everything I saw and read. This will only be a plus for Nascar's image. Focus all their efforts on IRacing like they should be doing.

13. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

If they do, they need to fire iRacing's tire model guy first and foremost. iRacing is a janky as any NASCAR gaming company I've seen.