A Few Changes You Should Know

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Announcements' started by MattyO, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattyO

MattyO Retired

Some of you may have noticed already, but I am slowly reorganizing the downloads area to make it easier to find stuff.

I'm also going to start adding downloads such as tracks, mods etc... that might not have a home anymore and are still widely used and wanted. There maybe existing stuff that I'll add as a download, but will only link to the website that the file is housed at.

For example tracks made by Ian S. I'll add the download but it will only redirect you to his website where you can download the file. Just something to help get more exposure to some of these wonderful updates.

Anything that doesn't have a home, or is just floating around the internet, I'll most likely grab and upload it here so that it will always have a place to stay. Anything that has a home already, like I said will just get linked to the website it's housed at.

I've also enabled the comments section for the downloads area again. I wouldn't expect much support for specific files, but you can leave a comment or question if you like, just be mindful it may not get answered.

I'm also going to start adding link to the front page again for those that don't notice the downloads links in the navbar area.

Any other suggestions? I'm all ears :)

35 people like this.
  2. InsideLine

InsideLine Well-Known Member

Thank you Matt,this is great news! :)

3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

epicly awesome.

Will all the tracks, carsets, mods, and misc program stuff be linked in the downloads section too? Just wondering :)

4. MattyO

MattyO Retired

Possibly. I knows it's kind of redundant if I placed them in the downloads area too. Still on the fence. Input and opinions would certainly help.

5. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

That is true about the redundancy. Maybe you only add what people request to have in the downloads area. Like I'd be fine with my UI mod linked for example.

6. TJBartel

TJBartel Well-Known Member

I am just glad there are folks like y'all here, BR, RDG, etc that do these things for the SIM racing community. Thank you. Y'all don't get that enough.:)

1 person likes this.
  7. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Thats awesome news! I can see this being a big help for those that havn't been around here that long.

8. Doyle9

Doyle9 Well-Known Member

Or those who recently lost their hard drive, or got a new computer, etc. This is a great idea Matt!

9. Cowboy

Cowboy Well-Known Member

That is good news. Thank you.

10. Cynon

Cynon Active Member

I think they should be, above all else, easy to locate. Placing them straight in the downloads section would be helpful.

I've got a ton of tracks that never had a home, so I could certainly help when it comes to that. I also have a few of my own personal edits to existing tracks (either for leagues or for my own amusement), not sure if you would take those if I sent them in.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.