1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

A missing era has been filled......

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Little E Fan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Moderator

The file description says "Created with PSP X3 and will only work with versions released after 2009."

So PSP9, a 13 year old version of the program, won't open it.

2. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Field filler par excellence

Must've missed that. There was no readme with the files. Oh well, carry on then.

3. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

This quote is coming from the template maker of the 98 mod that someone just showed me.

First of all, fuck you. There is a reason templates are made under 100 layers, no grouped layers and no layer masks. But now you're learning that aren't you Mr. Fucking All Star....

Second, we ain't going down this road again like DMR started doing back in the day. I'm all for what you guys are doing, and happy to help and support it. I haven't download the mod yet, and obviously I won't download the templates until someone with a little less ego and a little more common sense unfucks them, but from what I've read, it's an awesome mod and a ton of cars have been painted for it which is really cool. But I'm drawing a line in the sand right now. Stop that shit.

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

The mod is amazing. I spent close to 20 hours 'simplifying' the templates because, frankly, I don't have time to kill detailing personal-use cars. Most users I know are the same.
    My thought on complex temps are this: A basic template should show a layer for
    • mask
    • wire
    • common parts (window braces, fuel filler, bolts, welds, and misc stuff)
    • shading (10+ shading layers places throughout are difficult for the average user to work around)
    • lights/grill/ducts
    • Basic tape
    • color layer for roof rails, spoiler, etc etc etc
    • decals (manufacturer logos, etc)
    • contigs
    • base layer

With that, an add on (re: separate file) could be made with tape, grill and duct options, additional detailing for those that want to add it on post-paint. Not something to knock the creator AT ALL (the templates in and of themselves are great looking), simply that there are many users out there who aren't concerned with whether or not the Dale Sr car they put together for their own use is accurate to the T.

That said, still, awesome mod from one of my two favorite eras, and great job with the ratings as well.

Matt Baker, S. Yogurt and bubba025 like this.
  5. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

I think the templates are great. I love the attention to all the little details for maximum customization. The part I don't really care for is that although the organization is logical, it's prohibitively slow when I'm trying to crank out cars quickly. I wish all or most of the colorable layers were in one subfolder so I could just open it up and paint everything I want, and ignore most of the other layers (shading, parts, etc). I'm used to reordering temps the way I want them though so it's not really a huge issue to me.

Ceafus 88 likes this.
  6. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

I'll message you about it. Tbh I was never intending to call you, here, or anyone out in the first place. I'll explain more in the message.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  7. Little E Fan

I am sorry to anyone and everyone I may have called out on that post. I was intending no harm and just wanted to defend what was done, but now know, it was done in the wrong way.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Mod is pretty cool. I think it was a nice touch to not only include the N2 player car, but also the N3 player car. That was a nice surprise to see that in there. Great work.

9. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Moderator

That 76 was the N99 player car, released in 1998 and used the N2 engine as its base. ;)

Saan Anguish and Ceafus 88 like this.
  10. Little E Fan

We are also adding 1024 and 2048 cut down template in both PSD and PSP. These templates have roughly between 50 - 60 layers, so they should work on old programs (like PSP7 on my old pc for example.) They should be all up by this weekend.

The PSD templates work in Photoshop CS6, PSPx6, and GIMP, while the PSP templates work in PSP7, PSPx6, and GIMP.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  11. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Ah, duh. That's right. I should know, I still have that cd laying around here somewhere. I vaguely remember it though.

12. Bazmeister

Bazmeister Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Saan Anguish likes this.
  13. CC#48

CC#48 Member

Thanks so much, I am looking forward to these.

InsideLine and J.R.Franklin like this.
  14. pshafer3327

pshafer3327 Well-Known Member

Love the mod, and all the work that has gone into it is much appreciated! I look forward to the "dumbed down" templates so I can re-create my old schemes, and come up with a whole mess of fictional cars. Oh and the GNS version will be quite excellent as well! This just opened an whole new can of worms :)

-Patrick

InsideLine likes this.
  15. Reno62793

Reno62793 Well-Known Member

Now I'm tempting to start painting the fictional set of that game for this mod! Same for the original nascar racing game with the cup90 mod. Love this mod by the way!!

16. Bazmeister

Bazmeister Well-Known Member

If you can't get the game to run on your system, just give me a shout. I can export all the paintschemes in PCX format if that would help you recreate the Papyrus fictional cars.

17. DrNoise

DrNoise Well-Known Member

Great freekin' work right here. Glad to see this era get some more focus and have its own mod.