5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2004 Alternate Schemes Carset (Cup03-05) DAT Designs
Alternate paint schemes for the 2004 Nextel Cup roster
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

A new batch of Screenshots was released today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
From the PS3 version of the game.

:emoticon-sign:

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score
The lack of AA (Not their fault I know(though they couldve done a pc version)), and the Brown tint on everything (can't blame monitor angle today boys) kills it for me graphically...but other wise it looks alright so far.

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Too bad it's not for the pc I might need to get a game system now.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't really notice that much of a brown tint, I mean a slight one but you see that in just about every game because ya know the Sun is brown not flaming yellow... lol

There is a video too. Haven't watched it yet myself but supposedly it shows some of the car setup options.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDdnfO8C5D0&]YouTube - Holiday fun and NASCAR 2011[/ame]

Also just noticed in the screenshot that's in the video above you don't really see any of the brown tint at all.

TheSleekNinja

SRD Member
Reaction score
The lack of AA (Not their fault I know(though they couldve done a pc version)), and the Brown tint on everything (can't blame monitor angle today boys) kills it for me graphically...but other wise it looks alright so far.
Remember that the colors you see can most likely be adjusted. And the colors could be totally different in the actual game.

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
the Brown tint on everything (can't blame monitor angle today boys) kills it for me graphically.
I think that tint is because most of the shot were doing evening races though.

I like the damage model though.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Click on the Thumbnails for 1400x900 images. I downloaded the video and went through it to grab these shots.

Trevor Bayne is in the game in the #16a car.

The Setup menus

HMAC80

SRD Member
Reaction score
Why is the sheet metal just sorta melting off?

MattyO

SJW & Woke Hater
Admin
Reaction score
and the Brown tint on everything (can't blame monitor angle today boys) kills it for me graphically...but other wise it looks alright so far.
My thoughts exactly. I have seen a bunch of screenshots now, and the brown tint is something they really need to fix.

Otherwise, it looks impressive.

Highbank

Trans Am Car Set Creator
SRD Member
Reaction score
RE: Damage
I don't get that they look like they were hit by a tank round, shredded metal and all....
It's a lot better looking as far as damage goes but maybe too much "explosive" type damage

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Trevor Bayne in 16a?? why not 17a? whats his sponsor, or is it just plain white like it was in nationwide? he said about 120 cars, what other schemes and drivers are there?
Damage is REALISTIC unlike EA, look at 12 car
the Edwards in-car model almost looks real
even the freakin cal flaps open!

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The thing about the brown tint is when you watch the video from gamespot of the guy playing you don't see a brown tint at all, only in screenshots you see it. Kinda weird.

Trevor Bayne in 16a?? why not 17a? whats his sponsor, or is it just plain white like it was in nationwide?
I'm guessing Bayne's car is based off of his 2011 Nationwide car, which is #16.

CARLEDWARDS2009

SRD Member
Reaction score
Trevor was in the 16 at the fall gateway race and had Team Wendy's on the car (Think that was a helmet company) from the looks of the screenshots that Fisha posted it looks like he's running the same scheme. Can't wait for the game to be released damage looks awesome!:emoticon-sign:

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ohh.. well he ran more races in the 17, where is his car in the shots?

Last edited:

CARLEDWARDS2009

SRD Member
Reaction score
I would think that maybe Brian's and Colin's schemes may be used as alternates for the 16a and Bayne's would be a primary. Would be really cool if that were the case

You can see a black car with a white number 16 in the upper right of the screenshot of the 48 spinning, right next to the 17.
:emoticon-sign:

MattyO

SJW & Woke Hater
Admin
Reaction score
Who cares about the freakin' brown tint?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I do.

It's something that is noticeable from day one of the screenshots that have been shown. It's something that needs to be addressed. Look at the other racing games/sims. None of them have this tint that I am noticing.

It's almost like a lighting effect that is suppose to reflect the time of day around dusk? Almost as the sun is setting below the horizon. Which is great if that's the time of day of the race. If not, they need to adjust the lighting to reflect real world sun lighting and reflections.

By the way, great avatar!

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score
I do.

It's something that is noticeable from day one of the screenshots that have been shown. It's something that needs to be addressed. Look at the other racing games/sims. None of them have this tint that I am noticing.

It's almost like a lighting effect that is suppose to reflect the time of day around dusk? Almost as the sun is setting below the horizon. Which is great if that's the time of day of the race. If not, they need to adjust the lighting to reflect real world sun lighting and reflections.

By the way, great avatar!
Im glad someone else can see it and Im not crazy.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.