Latest resources

NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene MattyO
NXS20 3D Studio Max Scene for Max8 and above.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Car Viewer Files MattyO
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Templates 2048 x 2048 MattyO
2048 x 2048 Templates in PSD format.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
32 Corey LaJoie 2020 Schluter Systems Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2020 NXS17 Xfinity batch 3 canadienhits
24 Xfinity cars from the 2020 season.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

A new batch of Screenshots was released today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJ

Premier Senior Member
Banned
Reaction score
He zoomed in a bunch to make the game look like crap
ehhh... im not with you on that. rofl. the lighting makes it look like some apocalyptic world with zombies about to attack the track. way too dark/gloomy

Last edited:

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
ehhh... im not with you on that. rofl. the lighting makes it look like some apocalyptic world with zombies about to attack the track. way too dark/gloomy
Like I said before, that is a system limitation, not a game limitation, we have to wait a few more generations before natural colors become possible again.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
The gameplay didn't look realistic...now I'm beginning to see flaws in the visual effects.

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
If those shots are for PS3 or 360...wow. They look like the game belongs on the previous gen. Obnoxious pixels everywhere.

TheJ

Premier Senior Member
Banned
Reaction score
Like I said before, that is a system limitation, not a game limitation, we have to wait a few more generations before natural colors become possible again.
Ah ok then, i dont really keep up with console gaming anymore, all games look like that?

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Alog: Your optimistic gamer nothing wrong with that.
everyone else: Jugemental on obvious flaws...nothing wrong with that either.

Alog i think you need to let peoplehave there own thoughts on this game you and fisha have done a great job keeping up informed but your not going to get everyone to see the way you do, your a good guy and all but do us all a favor and do be so argumenitive over a game none of us have picked up yet...

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ah ok then, i dont really keep up with console gaming anymore, all games look like that?
Yep.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

MotorStorm

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Grand Theft Auto IV

Final Fantasy XIII

The problem is that they can't reflect colors onto surface properly yet (grab a bright yellow object and put it near something white, you'll see that the wall becomes yellow near the shadow of the object, it works with pretty much anything, including your skin) so they make everything one palette to give the game the illusion of that effect.

There are a couple of games, like Gran Turismo 5, that get away with better coloration, but you'll notice that their is little shading and virtually no reflections [from the vehicles] in those games.

He zoomed in a bunch to make the game look like crap
1) He didn't post that, the link clearly says RaceSimCentral, which is a game coverage site that is 10 years old.
2) I think that might be the true resolution, look at this image from the nascarthegame.com site:

Last edited:

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
SRD Member
Reaction score
How 'bout this, we stick to the game, and leave the people out of it K.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
ALog: OMGEE GAIZ THIS IZ GUNNA BEE THE BEST GAIM EVUR EVEEN THO I NEVUR PLAIED IT YET 1!1!11111ONE
Were you not already banned for a like a month for attacking users before or was that some other little kid with a similar name to yours?

Also those screenshots are from late October real early November from a build that did not yet have the Anti-Aliasing in.

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
Also those screenshots are from late October real early November from a build that did not yet have the Anti-Aliasing in.
I hope this is a joke.

All three of the images Mertz posted were from last week, you even said so in the first post of this thread, which has all three of them. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't take three weeks to make a set of non-specifically placed screenshots.

Also, anti-aliasing does not automatically mean that it won't be pixelated:

In fact, if anti-aliasing was completely off, I'd think that the NTG images would look even more pixelated. The walls look pretty smooth, though it could just be the resolution of the image itself creating the illusion of anti-aliasing.

Last edited:

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they fix the pixelated problem, the first screenshots didn't look so pixelated, but all the new ones do, and hopefully they make the damage more realistic with the amazing amount of detail it already has.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I hope this is a joke.

All three of the images Mertz posted were from last week, you even said so in the first post of this thread, which has all three of them. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't take three weeks to make a set of non-specifically placed screenshots..
You have no idea what EXIF is do ya?

Screen with Edwards leading
-- Friday, November 19, 2010 2:49:26 PM
-- 72.0 dpi
-- Adobe Photoshop CS for Windows
-- Colorspace = sRGB 8 bits/channel

Screen with AJ Leading
-- Thursday, November 04, 2010 12:48:32 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

Screen with Vickers Leading
-- Friday November 19, 2010 5:04:38 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

Also, anti-aliasing does not automatically mean that it won't be pixelated:

In fact, if anti-aliasing was completely off, I'd think that the NTG images would look even more pixelated. The walls look pretty smooth, though it could just be the resolution of the image itself creating the illusion of anti-aliasing.
Up through the build that was used for the demo on the Gamespot show that featured the game it was still a build with Anti-Aliasing not even implemented yet.

flyersfan4888

That GNS Car dude.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ugh...can we wait until we actually SEE the game on OUR OWN SYSTEMS before we bash it for pixels?!?!?!?!!

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
A Trunk Full of New NASCAR 2011 Assets

The EXIF info for the screenshots at that link, They are the same ones as the Gamespot ones at the front of this thread but the Gamespot ones don't have EXIF data and the ones on RSC do.

I have these organized by the name of the picture so you gotta look at the pictures in the link yourself to see which screenshot goes with which EXIF data set, the images go in order on the site though so it shouldn't be to hard.

NTG-2
-- Thursday, November 04, 2010 12:25:00 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-9
-- Friday, November 19, 2010 2:49:26 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-10
-- Friday, November 19, 2010 3:30:41 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-11
-- Friday, November 19, 2010 3:43:19 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-13
-- Thursday, November 04, 2010 12:48:32 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-15
-- Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:37:53 AM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-17
-- Friday, November 19, 2010 4:48:05 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-18
-- Thursday, November 04, 2010 12:40:28 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

NTG-23
-- Friday, November 19, 2010 5:04:38 PM
-- 72.0 dpi

Just becasue something was published within the past week doesn't mean that it was created during that past week ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.