1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

A New Game Console Is Coming To Compete With PlayStation And Xbox

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by SwiftyOne, Jan 4, 2019.

1. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Really thought this was gonna be an article about Soulja Boy's console he released a month or two ago

3. SwiftyOne

I posted it here because it belonged, and is relevant to, Project CARS. I have no knowledge of the Soulja Boy's console, isn't he a rapper or something in the USA?

ahspencer01 likes this.
  4. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Yeah, he's an older rapper from America. He invested a ton of money into an off-brand Chinese console a month or so ago and released it as the Soulja Boy console (idk what it's official name ever was) and for some reason, I just expected that article to be about that even tho his console is complete trash.

5. SwiftyOne

I think (just my opinion) that with so many rappers springing up(in the UK too) that the Soulja Boy Console was just another marketing ploy, to make money. It seems more likely that a large development like Slightly Mad and the "Mad Box" could actually be a competitor to the PlayStation and Xbox. Could be the one to watch out for, I know I shall be keeping an eye on it for sure. It's still an early days yet project though...I'll keep you informed on how it goes ;)

ahspencer01 likes this.
  6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Oh yeah for sure, he's said in interviews how he's interested in getting into the market multiple times, and he finally did it, but not very well lmao
    Yeah, it seems like they actually care and I think it's really good for the industry because now PS and Xbox will have another console to look our for, so they'll have to up their game as well.

7. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Regardless how this pans out, competition always is good for the consumer, so bring it on.

As for Soulja Boy.... Nintendo threatened to sue and he pulled his "console". He talked big about Nintendo "ain't gonna do shit" and within a couple of days he backed down lol.

ahspencer01 likes this.
  8. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Yeah, this will probably go as badly as the Steam machine, Ouya, N-Gage, LaserActive, or the Gizmondo...

EarnhardtFan likes this.
  9. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I'm not trying to be negative or downplay Mad Box but let's be realistic. Playstation and Microsoft won't even bat an eye.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  10. SwiftyOne

3484047-3437502028-DwES4.jpg 3484054-2710226690-DwEWh.jpg
    Realistically, it's taken years for Sony and not so long for Microsoft, to get where they are now, they are Giants indeed to contend with, maybe that's why you don't see any other console muscling in. It would be good though for consumers to have another choice. I would imagine it to be one hell of a risk to take, but a great one to pull off...We shall see ;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    David24 and RacerXero84 like this.
  11. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Yeah definitely. I'm glad it's happening and hope it makes a big splash. Time will tell!

SwiftyOne likes this.
  12. SwiftyOne