A new type of contribution?

Discussion in 'SRD Suggestion Box' started by Jbm93, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbm93

Jbm93 Well-Known Member

I just thought of a way for users to contribute resources in a new way. Just about every experienced painter has an assortment of unfinished projects sitting around that they got bored of, didn't warm up to, or just never had the time to finish. So I was thinking, why not set up a spot for users to put these files up for download so they may become useful for another user who may be short on ideas or more fond of the particular file or scheme then you were (naturally users should give proper credit). I just see the possibility for an untapped goldmine of resources and projects in this.

2. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

3. Jbm93

Jbm93 Well-Known Member

Thats similar to what I meant but slightly different. I meant an area made specifically for users to post their unfinished and abondoned projects for others to make use of. Kind of like a "one man's trash is another man's treasure sort of thing".

4. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

I am guessing you would have to start a new site for that. Being a painter myself, I would likely never give old/unfinished projects to someone else. I would much rather just delete it. Not sure how much that kind of an idea can take off, but I guess if you are willing to give it a shot, you could do it.

5. Jbm93

Jbm93 Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess so, I just thought it'd be an interesting way to make use of all those old files.

6. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Usually if I have any unfinished paints that are months or even years old I tell myself to get my ass in gear and complete them :D I try to keep my W.I.P. folder empty at all times...

7. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ. Moderator

I've done it before, but collaborated with someone who was a very very close friend. It turned out very well. I think there is only about 5 people I'd do another project with again.

8. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder Well-Known Member

Why don't we just use one thread (maybe even this one) and just post download links to our unfinished stuff, and also use it to post completed collaborations. That way we can keep the boards clean.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.