1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

AI coming to IRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by FastCat, Jan 12, 2018.

1. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Another tidbit revealed.
    39397608_10211781998616527_7590967517263167488_n.jpg
    Depending on the depth of the season/career "mode" this will be a home run for me

2. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Now all they need to do is GET RID OF THE PAY MODEL and have a live replay mode.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

4. Josh Mertz

Josh Mertz #JB17

Nice try. With the licensing fees of all the tracks and cars this is impossible.

ShadowKnight508 and MattyO like this.
  5. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

They have to make money somehow or else there is no iRacing at all.

Tetronix, Hendrick4life and Ceafus 88 like this.
  6. wslates

wslates 1

Exactly, not to mention they keep the game updated. It's not like you are paying for the sim on a monthly basis and it's the same game it was 3 years ago. They are constantly adding new features, updating tracks, updating cars, updating physics, etc. Not to mention the server resources the game eats up with everything from the game itself to recording every single lap that is turned on the sim. That absolutely warrants a monthly/yearly pay model.

I think some people have become a bit spoiled with how "free" NR2003 is.

Anywhoo...

I have been far too busy with my classes to play it lately, but once they add AI, I might just make time for it. I have never been able to get back into racing NR2003 after racing iRacing. However, the one thing I missed from NR2003 was AI. I have no doubt the AI will be incredible for iRacing.

7. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

This is what I have been waiting for personally. When it becomes a fully updates version of NR2003 that I can run by myself for fun and not race everyone out there trying to be an eracing hero I will be in.

8. David24

9. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

They are really trying to win over the nr2003 group. I'm still not getting iRacing until they rid of the stupid as fuck pay model.

10. David24

More info
    Untitled-1.jpg

Tetronix, MattyO, joeykraus19 and 3 others like this.
  11. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Until you load up a setup with max camber exploit and tape glitch and blow past them lol

Don't get me wrong, good for them. IMO it's a step in the right direction and I am pleased to hear they are starting to go back to catering to their core userbase, but they have a lot of things to fix before the game is solid again.

Tetronix likes this.
  12. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Another deal-breaker for me is that they don't allow you to change the driving camera. I get that a lot of people want to embrace the cockpit camera thing because it's "like real racing" but sometimes I like to race with the T-CAM/Onboard Camera and the fact I can't do it really pisses me off.

13. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Or in a Chase view like I do to avoid turning myself off someone's bumper when grouped together....

puckhogg11 likes this.
  14. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

I think the biggest thing for me is the lack of customization. You can mold a lot of NR2003 into your style of game.

15. David24

This was posted on reddit so I'm unsure of it's validity, but this also doesn't seem too far-fetched
    zykfjfjbo8o11.jpg

Tetronix and ShadowKnight508 like this.
  16. Hendrick4life

Hendrick4life 306 Wins | 16 Championships

So now, we need NRatings to work for iRacing. Unless it already does.

17. lasvegas247

lasvegas247 Member

Good morning everyone, i don't post much but have been on this site for a while.

I was considering joining Iracing mostly for the AI experience. I looked up a bunch of info on reddit and youtube to get as much info as possible before joining. I was unable to find a few things. if anyone who does Iracing could help me out with a few questions i would greatly appreciate it.

1. Do you need to be a certain license class to run against the AI?
    2. For the AI racing, i read you can import paint schemes for the AI, eventually be able to a lot of the N2k3 stuff, seasons, rating, etc, do you need to purchase all 3 car classes to race against AI?
    3. this is more of a hobby for me, so getting a pro class license or being able to spend dozens of hours per week with IRacing, is Iracing with AI worth the change?

Thanks in advance

18. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Based on what I've heard:
    1. So long as you have purchased the right to use the content, you can run it as AI
    2. It would be a safe bet to assume that you need to have purchased the right to use the content in order to race against it as AI
    3. That's more up to you. Personally, The only reason why I got my iR sub was to try it out, and I found out it wasn't as bad as it seemed, so I continued to be subbed to it.

19. lasvegas247

lasvegas247 Member

Thanks Jacob, appreciate it.

20. David24

This was posted on iRacings IG story. Hopefully they are tidying up on it for release in December, but I feel like AI took a back seat to ToD which is set to release in the December build. But we'll see. I want to think that since this pic they posted is about driver names that they are ready to release it but who knows.
    93CD0C97-2CEA-4CA6-92D4-0470DA5319A8.jpg