1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

AI coming to IRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by FastCat, Jan 12, 2018.

1. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Yeah that's true. Like how they made the Long Beach track scan, then released it as unfinished BUT promised to finish it and it's been years now and they still haven't finished it. It's been like 4 or 5 years at this point. Pathetic.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. Gaven3820

Gaven3820 Well-Known Member

Has anyone got any news on where they are with the ai?

3. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

If there was, someone would've posted it already...

Tetronix likes this.
  4. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

My guess is it's either late 2019, or Q1 2020. At worst next Summer. But I wouldn't expect it sooner than late November this year because quite frankly if it the launch was sooner, we would've known that by now.

5. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Just to update people that don't have access to the forums and want to know the status on AI: They haven't said much other than that they are still working on it and want it to be done right the first time. Most people are speculating a Sept. build release but I highly doubt that.

I just think that the longer we wait the more features we will have to use when it is released (cars, tracks and possibly damage)

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

They've been talking about AI for over 2 years now.

Better be some unreal AI they are working on.

Hendrick4life and D0rant like this.
  7. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this rate it better be some revolutionary AI with different aggression settings, ability to run multiple lanes in ovals and etc.

8. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I'm done posting in this thread lol

mtblillie, Jr_Fan and MattyO like this.
  9. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

lol, come on! You don't like reading the negative nanny's every time iRacing makes an update? I don't think iRacing has ever done anything right since they started this deal in 2003.

10. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I was excited for it.... its been so long now, and I recall how expensive that was (among other things), that Ive lost interest in that platform.

11. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I read something from a game developer talking about people complaining about release date getting pushed back. He said that during game development a TON of unexpected problems come up, some can be fixed quickly and some can't. Sometimes it takes hours upon hours of monotonous work to try and fix a problem. He pointed out that if a game or feature isn't ready to be released, you don't want it. The moral of the story, be patient. If something isn't ready to be released, it's not because they are screwing you around, in fact they are working very hard for your instant gratification, and I'm sure it can be disheartening to see all the negativity everyone always has to post about it.

12. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Yeah but at the same time they've been teasing the whole AI thing coming to iRacing for like 2 years now. Surely people can start bitching about it now, no? Didn't they initially say it will be released within a year or so? Why tease people a feature is coming to a game if that feature is like 3 years away from release? Just keep working on it as a secret project and then with 5-6 months to go you can announce it. I can understand when a modder or a track creator does it, they do it as a hobby, just for fun. They have a life. Whereas this is literally a job for iRacing employees.

13. mtblillie

Oh you can bitch all you want to, it's a free country (assuming you are in a free country). I'm not saying people can't feel upset about it. I'm saying that you don't know what goes on behind the scenes or the reasons these things happen. People always want to point a finger but they are kind of assuming there is someone to point a finger at. Sometimes shit just happens and you have to move on with your life. And regardless of how you feel, how is putting people down going to help anything? Especially given the fact that we don't really know whats going on.

Guys, it's a video game. I'm sorry you don't get your instant gratification, but this is one of those instances in life that instills in you a sense of patience that will serve you well in your future.

14. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

I just think if they charge the most, they also deserve to be held to the highest standards. I think it's more than fair.

15. mtblillie

And what is that higher standard? They aren't allowed to have any problems come up unexpectedly? And what do you mean by "charge the most?" Most expensive game? Most expensive racing sim? Are you paying extra for AI that you aren't getting or are you paying the same rate you did (accounting for inflation) that you did before they announced AI? I'm not trying to bust your balls, but having worked in customer service for most of my adult life, people's attitude is "I want what I want, and I want it fucking now. And I don't really care what it takes to give me what I want." Life simply doesn't work that way. Just because you handed $$$ in exchange for goods or services, that doesn't suddenly stop the world from spinning. I work with a doctor that calls it "fast food mentality." Basically its the idea that food takes time to prepare, but people get so used to going to a fast food joint and getting their food within a couple minutes of ordering that they forget that food actually takes time to prepare. Not only that, but the fact that we have so well indoctrinated "the customer is always right" into modern society that people have the attitude that how dare something unexpected happen, how dare something out of your control inconvenience somebody, you should be ashamed for telling a customer "sorry, but you can't get what you want right now."

God I'm getting old.

16. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

What you're talking about is plain old capitalism. It's not perfect but it's the best we've got. Customer is king.

17. mtblillie

Not the point I'm arguing. The point I'm arguing is don't treat workers like shit because you don't get your way. If you disagree with that, then I suggest you go work in customer service where people can yell at you for something that half the time you didn't even know happened.

joeykraus19, Tetronix and 4WideRacing like this.
  18. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

I agree with your comments. But more importantly, we need to find you a new job!

Tetronix, mtblillie and Skyline like this.
  19. mtblillie

I work in a clinic now, still a lot of customer service but I am doing something I generally enjoy, so it makes things easier.

Tetronix likes this.
  20. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Question, what's the point of not allowing people to change the camera in iRacing? Other sims like rFactor 2 and etc. let you play however you want. I know they are trying to position themselves as the "super duper realistic sim" but that just makes them look pretentious as hell. I've heard people say "because it's realistic" and BS like that, but then do these same people wear fire suits, put on gloves and etc. while driving? Or are they comfortably sipping on their sodas while playing? :)