1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

AI coming to IRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by FastCat, Jan 12, 2018.

1. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

I didn't see anything amazing from the video, but I'm optimistic. They seem to be putting a lot of effort into this. My expectations using NR2003 as a baseline makes me hopeful we could see outside line passing, better wreck avoidance, adaptive driving lines, and more.

D0rant, joeykraus19 and J.R.Franklin like this.
  2. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

Certainly looked like better accident avoidance in that video during the crash than what we've experienced in NR2003, that's for sure.

3. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

NR2003 crash avoidance means careening directly into the cars in front of you. :p

nascarfan9 likes this.
  4. chargenick1563

chargenick1563 DAT Designs - Paint Scheme Designer

I think it's important to remember that this is still very much a soft launch beta. Couple that with the fact that NASCAR wasn't even supposed to be included in this soft launch but was for a short time accidentally. AI is not gonna look perfect right now, not even close. But from what I've seen, it's a damn good base to expand on. In that video alone I saw promising things like the wreck avoidance, physics, customization, and even multiple lines (I remember an AI car well ahead of him at some point rim riding). They have a lot of time and a lot of community input to perfect the product before it fully releases.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

I'm no iRacing pro, but I'm pretty sure the game itself is very single grooved. So although it would super cool to have this, it's almost just for show if a second groove is not a reasonable alternative. Hopefully a more seasoned pro can tell me that multi-groove is very real in iRacing.

D0rant likes this.
  6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

With the current setup/tire model they are running, it's pretty single groove. Back in (I think) 2016-2017, they managed it so that there was a preferred line, but a person could set their vehicle up to run another line efficiently.

joeykraus19 and D0rant like this.