Latest resources

2021 Fictional/Concept Paint Schemes Pack #1 DAT Designs
A collection of my fictional/concept paint schemes designed for the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

AI pits too many times

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
I know this most likely has been asked before, but I couldn't find it on search. How can you make the AI not pit multiple laps. I'm having problems on FSE Texas Night where the AI starts green flag stops and for 75% of the cars it has them return to the pits the next lap, and on and on. Thanks in advance.

tmatt65

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is just an issue with the track. What seems to be happening is the AI are merging before the legal merge point on the track (which is strangely close to turn 3), and they are being penalized by the game because they keep merging before the blend line ends (the point where the game says "merge when you can"). This is why they are pitting every lap, because they are being penalized. This is beyond my area of knowledge, but if you could move the merge point back to just off of turn 2 (like most other tracks), I would think it would solve the problem.

Hendrick4life

321 Wins | 17 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
[ pit_lane_0]
; AI stuff
merge_from_pit_line_dlong = 1150.0 ; dlong at which cars leaving pits will merge to race line
merge_to_pit_line_dlong = 1310.0 ; dlong at which cars entering pits will merge to pit line
merge_to_pit_line_length = 500.0 ; length of merge window
pit_lane_end_dlong = 231.000000 ; dlong where pit lane proper ends
pit_lane_start_dlong = 2153.000000 ; dlong where pit lane proper begins
slow_pit_line_dlat_offset = 4.0 ; track-specific dlat_offset of 2nd slower pit line (0 if N/A)
stall_exit_goal_dlat_offset = -3.0 ; goal dlat offset (+ left) for the pit stall exit cubic line
stall_exit_goal_dlong_offset = 7.0 ; goal dlong offset (ahead) for the pit stall exit cubic line
begin_stall_entry_offset = 15.0 ; offset at which to begin entering the pit stall
begin_stall_approach_offset = 70.0 ; offset at which to begin approaching the pit stall
lane_merge_dlong = 950.0 ; Dlong which you must remain on the apron when exiting the pits

Just open up track.ini and paste this in pit_lane_0 and pit_lane_1. Problem solved.

RJMik

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hendrick4life, thank you for that. Where in the ini do you put that?

RJMik

SRD Member
Reaction score
Whoops, didn't see the spoiler there lol. Thanks again!
Should the same be done with the day track? Does this problem exist there as well?

Hendrick4life

321 Wins | 17 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
Whoops, didn't see the spoiler there lol. Thanks again!
Should the same be done with the day track? Does this problem exist there as well?

I did it with the day track just in case, don't remember if it had the same problem. I think it did though and thats why I searched for a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.