Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by SwiftyOne, May 27, 2015.
Nice to hear they addressed the Falcon sound, good list!
Project CARS PC Patch 10.0 Release Notes
The PC patch will be rolling out shortly. In the meantime, the relevant notes to go with it.
Project CARS – PC Patch 10.0 – Release Notes
• Aston Martin - DBR1-2, Vantage GTE, Vantage GT12: Tweaked cockpit exposure to better balance the world brightness when driving in cockpit view.
• Ford Falcon FG - Made the in-cockpit steering wheel static when disabled so that the digital display is still visible.
• Ford Fusion Stockcar - Fixed a damage issue, tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.
• Dallara DW12 Indycar - Tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.
• Fixed an issue where, if the player pits on the final lap and only closes the pit board after crossing the place in the pitlane where the finish line is (but before the post-race screen comes up), the race would fail to end.
More good attention to a great sim....
Project CARS - PC Patch 10.1 - Oculus Rift VR support on the Steam platform
Project CARS - PC Patch 10.1 - Oculus Rift VR support on the Steam platform
Project CARS is now fully playable in all aspects when using the Oculus Rift VR headset. There has been a large amount of additional work done to support this, and a lot of optimization done to enable the game engine to run smooth enough when in VR mode. Here is a quick breakdown, as a very brief summary of some of the more visible changes since the last Steam VR update:
* Oculus VR SDK 1.3 support
* World shadows are now fully working - Off by default, enable under Options>Visuals>Performance
* Cloud shadows will now be disabled when Shadow Detail is set to OFF
* Fixed replay cameras so that the player has full rotational control during replays, fixed all replay cameras' near clip plane so that the player's view doesn't cut into the nearby objects
* Fixed front-end 'My Garage' cameras to work properly in VR
* Reworked all cameras so that VR orientation/positional tracking always works naturally. This fixes amongst others...
- look-back cameras being inverted
- issues with Front-end cameras
- photo mode
* In-race VR options - Added a 'World Scaling' setting that allows for fine control to scale the world to exactly match the player's expectation
* In-race VR options - Added seat position adjustment
* Removed vignette menu frame from replay screen. Now only displays the replay controls panel
* VR options - Camera Near Clip Plane - Allows the player to control how close to objects the camera will start clipping
* VR options - World movement, G-Force Effect - allows player to set specific values for VR mode
* Detached Starting lights and Messages from movable HUD so that they always appear toward the front of the car
* Changed desktop mirrored view show a single undistorted view with default settings windowed, 1280x720
* Added ability to toggle btween headset and PC speaker audio in the VR options menu, default is headset
* Recenter view position automatically on initial game start
* ...and a few other bits that are now working correctly in VR -
. crepuscular rays
. screen dirt
. camera/visor rain drops
. postprocessing filters
. tonemapping and bloom
. 3D grass
A final note - our focus has been on providing a polished end-user experience when using the final Oculus Rift 'CV1' HMD. Although the 'DK2' HMD should still work, The hardware has significantly improved. We therefor cannot guarantee the same quality of experience when using the 'DK2' unit, as some of these features may not work as well as they do on the 'CV1'.
This would be so cool
Are you jumping on the VR train? I like the Steam VR Vive, will have pre-ordered mine in two weeks...As technology goes, we live in exciting times
unfortunately patch v 10.1 has broken some things, like TrackIR, and some are having an issue with the windowed mode......These will be fixed ASAP
Edit: If you have any issues with Patch 10.1 either with VR, TrackIR, or with windowed/resolusion issues...Please follow this thread on pCARS forum: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...eam-platform&p=1260066&viewfull=1#post1260066
For work arounds, until an official fix has been released
Project CARS PC Patch 10.2 Release Notes
The next PC patch is now live. Info below...
PC Patch 10.2 Release notes
* TrackIR - Fixed various bugs to restore proper operation
* Fix issue where in non-VR, the game was defaulting to windowed mode
* Fix Opponent Labels so they show up correctly in VR and non-VR modes (Not working, hot-fix incoming ASAP)
* Restored Main Menu top-right X to exit game
* Configured UI so that In-game VR option only show when using VR
Project CARS PC Patch 11.0 Release Notes - HTC Vive support is here
The next Project CARS patch is now live on Steam. This one brings a host of Virtual Reality improvements, and features full HTC Vive support. We support SteamVR's room customization option when using the HTC Vive, so whenever you're in the game menus, you'll see the SteamVR room in the background. This allows you to customize the look of the 3D space surrounding the menus via the SteamVR Workshop. We're looking forward to seeing all the creative Project CARS themed custom backgrounds that our fans come up with.
We've also implemented the often-requested VR mouse support, Gaze control support, and the ability to seamlessly swap between them and use them along with Custom Controller and Gamepads.
Due to the extent of the Virtual Reality updates, we strongly recommend that you delete the configuration files that store the various settings. These are found in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" and are the files with XML extension.
Project CARS - PC Patch 11.0
* HTC Vive support
* Gaze control implemented, providing hands-free interaction with the User Interface
* Mouse pointer control in HMD view implemented
* Photo mode is now fully functional
* Depth of Field effects now work correctly
* The game will now retain controller focus when the player removes the HMD
* Improved rendering system for Crepuscular rays and Sun flares
* Improved rendering of dirt and rain drops on Helmet visor
* Improved the default seat position
* Improved the default HUD position
* Improved default camera settings to prevent the car tilting independently from the player at steep inclines
* Fixed a refresh issue on the UI when returning from a race to the main menu
* Nürburgring Combined
- Fixed an issue where a pit stop operation would fail to initiate correctly, leaving the car stuck in the pits
- Fixed the starting lights not working
- Fixed an issue with the pit-in trigger potentially initiating when the player is on the main straight
* Improved system for Opponent Labels
* Added support for the Thrustmaster TMX ForceFeedback wheel
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where at times it would cause dropped frames at the start of a race
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where LEDs and pedal rumble motors failed to work after a disconnect/reconnect
Now here's a nice surprise!!
Project CARS PC Patch 11.1 Release notes...... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...elease-notes&p=1312078&viewfull=1#post1312078
We just pushed a small patch out to address a few points. Details below:
Project CARS - PC Patch 11.1
* The game will now shut down correctly when the user choose to Exit via Steam Dashboard or Oculus Home
* The game will now Pause when the user accesses Oculus Home or Steam Dashboard while in the game
* Fixed an issue in Option>Virtual Reality, where when the user changed the defaults for the 'reset on boot' and 'reset on race start', some of the other settings were being reset to default.
Controllers - Fanatec
* Added Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base profile to code and GUI
* Fixed an issue where during gameplay he centering spring would turn on
* Fixed issue where the menu spring would sometimes not be enabled when exiting a race or changing controllers
* Fixed an issue that lead to 100% CPU usage with Fanatec controllers connected
* Corrected an exploit where user-modified tyres could be used on original cars
* Fixed TrackIR support to still work when you run the non-vr version of the game
Separate names with a comma.