1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

An idea I had for career mode

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Fisha695, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

Ok somebody over there posted a thread about how they'd like to see career mode start out where you race in a Latemodel and then get offered a contract. Now with this game only having the Cup series that's not likely to happen, but their suggestion gave me an idea. Anyway I wanted to post that idea here too and I'm interested in seeing what y'all have to think about it.

When you click career mode for the first time the very first thing you do is create your driver. Male or Female, maybe pick from a few voices, hair styles hair/eye color and body build. You then design your helmet and a generic firesuit. At that point you hit the "continue" button where it takes you immediately to a video of your driver posing in victory lane with a banner behind them that says "Whelen All-American Series Track Champion", maybe a few generic crew people standing by the driver while said driver is taking pictures with a championship trophy. At that point in walks a NASCAR driver, lets say Tony Stewart who gives the generic "Nice work out there kid" line followed by "I have an offer that you can't refuse" at which time it would show Tony & the driver walking off as the screen fades to black. The next scene would just be a simple Learjet landing at an airport and it would say "Charlotte, North Carolina" across the bottom of the the screen, the camera would then fade to black again. The next scene is you & Tony sitting in his office, this would be done in first person view and you could use the analog stick to look around, there would be a contract on the desk and Tony would say a few lines and you would be given the option to sign the contract. However at this point there would be a twist the contract would have two options, Option #1 would be to run 15 races in a 3rd Stewart-Haas Racing car over the 36 race season (R&D driver), Option #2 would be to run the entire season in the Tommy Baldwin Racing car.

Now option #1 may only be 15 races over the course of the season, meaning you'll be skipping a lot of races, but for those 15 races you'll be in pretty good EQ. Option #2 on the other hand would be the full season but in EQ that runs at the back of the pack most of the time. Now Option #1 you just pretty much show up and drive, maybe during each weekend there is a task that you need to complete such as "Run 10 consistent laps in practice with 'XYZ' setup", that would be done to make you feel like the R&D driver that you are for the team. Now with Option #2 you may have the option of signing a sponsor for the team, and that sponsor if you preform good might just follow you to another team or your own team the following year.

After you decide what contract you want it takes you to another menu where you see your driver get applied with the team firesuit and you have the option to edit your helmet, you can leave it the same, change the colors to team/sponsor colors and/or apply team/sponsor logos to it. After that you would then proceed into the racing part. There would then over the course of your career be a series of cut-scenes like that for many different situations with many different people including being called into the hauler to talk with Mike Helton/Brian France, team meetings, media things, etc etc etc.......

5 people like this.
  2. TLmac55

TLmac55 Well-Known Member

hey man that sounds like a very good idea! Hate tony tho so i would prefer it being harvick asking you to become the face of khi! lol (obviously I'm a harvick fan) But yea man that sounds like it would be a very good and productive beginning that would have a kinda realistic feel to it!

3. celticfang

celticfang Waffle addict

It could be a generic driver/owner/crew chief. Heck, as long as I get Backbreaker type helmet customizing I'm good

4. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Sounds cool! One thing is "Whelen All-American Series Track Champion" to Cup series driver is a huge jump. Very great job!

5. RBaller

RBaller Well-Known Member

I think that is an AWESOME idea Fisha!! I really like your post as it is VERY in depth as what would happen and would definately enhance the game tenfold!!

6. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Sounds a bit like Nascar 2005: Chase for the Cup

I love the idea. Maybe add sponsor related stuff like ads and commercials or something.

7. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

It would be a great start, until they can add NNS and CWTS and K&N series'. Good idea for a fill in, I'd definitely sign with TBR though lol. I would wanna run for ROTY the full season.

8. HMAC80

HMAC80 Well-Known Member

I really like the concept and as someone said, it reminds me of the career from Nascar 2005. I really thought that career mode would have been perfect if it would have had all the depth of 2004's career mode.

9. dalejrgamer

dalejrgamer $9.99/mo

NT2004's career mode owns.

10. Cheeze

Cheeze AC/DC Junkie

I don;t know if that's believable, though. How about your a Modified racer for TBR and Tommy asks you to Jump in the 36 car for the Cup season.

11. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Mix the depth of the career modes from both NT2004 and D2D and you'd have one hell of a game on your hands.

1 person likes this.
  12. ADLER 77

ADLER 77 Well-Known Member

my idea would be that you start racing in the 3rd position with 4 laps remaining on a Camping World truck in Iowa, after race is over,you get a call for a Team owner,ej Kevin Harvick,Roger Penske,Joe Gibbs,Michael Waltrip and he will say that he wants you in his Nationwide team,after you decide what number you will race you are taken to a test track where your skill will be tested and the races where you will race will be decided.

13. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson I'm just better than you.

Something I would love to see would be after several seasons of drving either for a team or yourself you can hang up the helmet and pick up a hat. By this i mean Having a retire option in which you become soley the owner hiring driver and crew and employess down to the greeters at the front desk like in nt2004. Especially having the option to start multiple teams as your sucess grows and being able to sign real drivers and having to manage day to day and week to week apsects of your team. Such as making sure last weeks car is repaired dealing with the press,pr, and sponsor relations. Unlike ea's 2005-2007'scareer mode in which if you hired a driver they seldomly won and once you landed a good sponsor you had a lump sum of cash that you couldnt get rid of.

14. dalejrgamer

dalejrgamer $9.99/mo

Can't say that I agree with you on that solely on the grounds that I didn't play D2D yet.

15. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Well, good lucky finding a copy now. They're not exactly easy to come by.

But starting in dirt late models, then going to modifieds, trucks, and finally Cup cars was pretty cool (though I think that I'd axe the trucks and modifieds in favor of the Nationwide and K&N Pro Series, respectively.

16. Fisha695

Dirt Latemodels...? I don't know about you but I started in the Hobby Stocks.

17. DavidCarter2

DavidCarter2 Well-Known Member

Doing the all the classes of a local track sounds a whole lot better to me.

18. dalejrgamer

dalejrgamer $9.99/mo

Well, I did see some used copies for $10 at GameStop. So there is hope for now.

19. Fisha695

I have an entire game laid out from a few years back that would basically take you from Bandeleros, through Mini-Cups/Baby-Grands right up the short track ranks into the big leagues and eventually a Cup series equivalent. The whole thing is like 30 pages of ideas, names for the modes, different way things would work, the name for a fake NASCAR since EA had the exclusive rights when I typed it up, but now I figure it'd still be easy to go with "fictional everything" which would allow more user interaction & customization then would be allowed if it had a real NASCAR license (probaly way cheaper too).

Only thing is unless I win the powerball it's going to stay nothing but an idea I have written up. :(

20. DavidCarter2

DavidCarter2 Well-Known Member

I dunno with all the mods and some creativity one could still do it.

Wouldn't that make one awesome offline league ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.