1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Anguish's Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Saan Anguish, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Next installment: Movie.

I took an alternate approach to this, and I personally like it. However, I feel I'll be one of the few that do lol. Hell, I'm curious to see how many people know the movie based on only this.

upload_2017-12-3_0-19-42.png

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  2. Saan Anguish

Yet another one - Throwback.

1986, Richard Petty in the DK Ulrich 6.
    upload_2017-12-21_18-54-17.png

[​IMG]

3. Saan Anguish

Another new paint. This one's based off of the current service vehicles for Caliber Collision.

upload_2017-12-27_22-44-17.png

4. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

There's some nice-looking stuff in here, @Saan Anguish; keep up the good work, man!

Saan Anguish likes this.
  5. Saan Anguish

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

BrendonH12 likes this.
  6. Saan Anguish

This update showcases the schemes I did up for my SRD Cup series driver, Bobby Farrell.

First up was Lowe's. I based this off of a Dewalt scheme I did for N3. I wanted to bring this scheme to life in NR2K3, and took this as the opportunity to do so. As a result, "Blue on Black" was born, followed by the two alternates.
    upload_2018-1-11_23-21-18.png

Alt1
    upload_2018-1-11_23-22-59.png

Alt2
    upload_2018-1-11_23-21-39.png

Next sponsor was STP. I decided to go out on a limb, and bring us STP Gas Booster as the sponsor. Well, typical Petty colors are the Red, Blue variants, and white. But, how to incorporate the exhaust mesh pattern as well? Draw some random lines, of course! Thus, "Boost" was born, and my gosh did I fall in love with it.
    upload_2018-1-11_23-22-49.png

Finally, Valvoline. Another part of the reason why I went with Gas Booster above was to prevent any sponsor conflict with Valvoline. Bobby wanted to run a tribute to me as the team owner, so I used my Valvoline base as a start. I decided on Valvoline Instant Oil Change as the sponsor, but decided to go away from the block logo on the hood, and just keep the text. Then, I took the color pallette and only kept the red. The rest of the colors and scheme were inspired by the 44 Hotwheels car run by Grissom. I intended on the red to be more red, less orange, but I think the end result is still pretty sharp.
    upload_2018-1-11_23-23-30.png

I haven't updated my credits in a while, so here's the short version.
    Temps - SNG
    Bases - Me
    Logos/Numbers - Me, Google, BER, possibly others
    Renders - TMS

7. Petty4345

Petty4345 Well-Known Member

Great job on those, keep up the great work!

Saan Anguish and Dodgeman4345 like this.
  8. Saan Anguish

Time to blow out the dust and provide another update... these are more SRD Series schemes that I've painted, but with more of a detailed background on each one. First up are the #13 Fords of Austin Spencer.

Austin Spencer - Hershey's
    For some reason, I can never think of a good base scheme for Hershey's. I think the last time I painted a Hershey's car was for N3 a few years ago. I guess I just have a hard time visualizing designs sometimes, and this was certainly one of those times. What I ended up doing was basing the scheme off of the #9 Dewalt Ford of Marcos Ambrose, since it was a scheme I liked. Overall, I think it looked pretty nice. The rotation of the door number has kicked my ass so far on these new temps lol but I think I'm figuring it out more now.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-9-0.png

Austin Spencer - Schwan's
    Initially, this scheme was going to be based off of the new delivery trucks, but I wasn't satisfied with how basic it looked. Then I was having issues with coming up with a scheme for this as well, so I based this off of a nationwide car from '13 or '14 (I think it was the 44 maybe?). There was initially going to be a bit more to the base, as the design from the original car extends down from the A-Pillar, but I couldn't get an angle that I was satisfied with, so I just kept a simple line. Again, door number rotation kicked my ass here too.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-12-38.png

Bobby Farrell - STP/Lowe's
    I painted this scheme as a dual sponsor scheme. I wanted this to be a unique blend of STP, Lowe's, and Petty..... so I did exactly that. The hood design and base colors are STP/Petty, while the door is the old Johnson scheme for Lowe's. In fact, the hood design is based off of the 2018 Petty's Garrior Warrior Edition Mustang. I personally am satisfied with the outcome.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-19-1.png

The Inspiration:
    [​IMG]

Darren Ingram - Ford EcoBoost
    Initially, I was going to paint this scheme as a dual sponsor scheme, so I wanted a scheme that I could use both the Spectrum blue and Ford blue on together. I stumbled across Stenhouse Jr's Sam's Club scheme, and knew it would be a great fit. I think it looks awesome personally, but maybe it's just the white/black/blue combo lol.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-15-41.png

Alex Miller - Lucas Oil
    Any time I think of a Lucas Oil scheme, it's either Gerhardt or Renezedder..... so that's exactly the path I went here. I used the classic Renezedder scheme as a base, and while the scheme is basic, I think the outcome is sharp.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-24-49.png

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. Saan Anguish

SRD Schemes, continued. These are my rides for the SRD National series and SRD Truck series.

National Series - Valvoline Black
    I've been using this scheme for a little bit now, as it's one of my favorites. This season, I've blacked it out as a throwback to the early seasons of NNS, when I drove a black 6 and almost won the championship. Fingers crossed for this season. The only edits made from the Blue scheme were the removal of the "150 years" from the Valvoline logos.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-29-57.png

Truck Series - Skyjacker Suspensions
    Okay, so last year I painted a scheme that highlighted a Skyjacker build at the SEMA show from a couples years ago, and this year I decided to do the same thing. Two of the truck schemes below are based off of SEMA builds, while one of them is based off of a random image I found on google. I should point out that I am not very good at flames, so I drew two flames bases because why not, right? They look more like overweight flames, but I'm still pretty satisfied I guess.

- Chevrolet Suburban
    This is the random google image one. I found a Skyjacker Chevy Suburban, looks convertible, so I painted this truck up to match. Used as shirt from the Skyjacker website as a reference to draw the flames.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-35-9.png

- 2014 SEMA Build w/Matchbox, Ford Bronco
    I just thought this one was pretty neat, so I wanted to put it on my truck. I also painted this one to match the convertible.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-36-32.png

- 2014 SEMA build, "Controlled Burn" Ford F150
    I also really liked the look of this truck, but was really debating on whether or not to attempt it... well, here we are. I love the color palette. I'm not the biggest fan of my flames, but I think it looks okay considering.
    upload_2018-3-28_21-38-17.png

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  10. Saan Anguish

Another thing about the Skyjacker tracks - like last season's scheme, I did cover the wheel details as well, and I also highlight the truck on the bed. There's was no special rims for the suburban, but the Bronco had a beadlock, and the F150 had some custom rims that I tried to replicate.

Suburban
    upload_2018-3-28_21-49-47.png

Bronco
    upload_2018-3-28_21-48-17.png

F150
    upload_2018-3-28_21-49-8.png

Also, updated credits:
    All bases by me
    Logos - Google
    Numbers - BER, MAS, possibly others
    Templates - SNG, SRD, and BER (F150 temp converted to older PSD compatibility by me)

The next updates will include schemes from the offline league I participate in.

11. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Nice work there Sean

Saan Anguish likes this.
  12. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

All of these schemes look awesome, Sean! Even the flamed ones! lol :p

Saan Anguish likes this.
  13. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

Loving 'em.

Saan Anguish likes this.
  14. Saan Anguish

Thanks guys!

15. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

Great stuff in here, Sean. The Hershey's car looks really nice with the scheme you used. I usually use about 1.8 degrees of rotation for door numbers.

Saan Anguish likes this.
  16. Saan Anguish

Thanks man. I think I used something close to that on some schemes to be displayed soon.

17. Saan Anguish

Another update, as mentioned previously. These schemes will be run in an offline league that I've been a part of for a few years now.

English MotorSports made some changes in the off-season from 2017, and they are as follows.
    - In Trucks, Alvin Henry returns for another season in the #27, sponsored by Blackburn Insurance and Porter Cable Tools. Marc Madison moves up from ARCA to the #14 truck, bringing Musco Lighting with him. He also landed Bobcat when they moved down from the XFinity Series.
    - In XFinity, Calessa English retains her seat in the #32, backed by K&N Filters. She also brought a new sponsor on board for the season, Torrid. Will May departed the 31 seat. Bobcat went to the #14 in trucks. Steve Still moved up to fill the 31, with PeaceTea and OldSpice remaining on board.
    - In Cup, Sean English once again pilots the #82 Falken Tire machine. Chad Wright also left EMS, and Quikrete moved over to the 82. Tim Kunkel also returns in the #81.

#14 Marc Madison - Musco Lighting Silverado
    This scheme is based off of the Musco trucks, and is pretty much the same scheme I painted last year. The only difference this year is a deeper shade of blue compared to last year's scheme.
    upload_2018-4-4_15-41-47.png

#27 Alvin Henry - Blackburn Insurance
    This small company has partnered with Alvin, and continue to do so - and this year, they got an actual scheme. It's pretty simplistic, but with a small name and this color palette, it fits perfectly.
    upload_2018-4-4_15-43-17.png

#31 Steve Still - PeaceTea
    The PeaceTea scheme returns from last season, with some minor modifications. Last year's featured a mixture of new and old by including the artwork from the razzleberry can, along with the new pattern. This year's scheme drops the artwork, and is simply the pattern. Thank goodness for the help of @Mystical in handling the 3d Coat efforts for the base.
    upload_2018-4-4_15-52-45.png

#32 Calessa English - K&N Filters
    This is the exact same scheme from last year. I didn't see any reason to change it, as it's pretty sharp as is. I considered possibly incorporating white into the scheme again, but it hasn't panned out yet.
    upload_2018-4-4_15-54-7.png

#82 Sean English - Falken Tire
    I received a suggestion to use the Valvoline base as my Falken base, and I actually think it turned out pretty well. It's not the classic livery used by Falken on literally everything, but sometimes it's good to stand out. I may still use the classic scheme this season, but that is yet to be determined. Another change was the colors used. I got away from the washed out look and went with the more colorful route. My gosh does it look sweet on the Camaro.
    upload_2018-4-4_15-58-1.png

18. Saan Anguish

#82 Sean English - Falken Tire "Blackout"
    Same scheme as above, just with gray/back as the colors instead. The same concept was used last year, and of course I was going to carry that over.
    upload_2018-4-4_16-4-57.png

#82 Sean English - Quikrete
    For Quikrete, I used the same base yet again, but recolored the roof so that it had its own uniqueness to it.
    upload_2018-4-4_16-5-46.png

The credits for these rides are all the same as before, with additional credits going to BER for the updated CWTS Lights, and Mystical for the 3DCoat work on the PeaceTea car.

I will have more to come soon.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  19. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 The Wanderer of Sim Racing

I love the metallic look on the 82 cars. Sharp work.

Saan Anguish likes this.
  20. Saan Anguish

Thanks man! I had to play with the layer a bit to get the right effect that I wanted.