1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Anguish's Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Saan Anguish, Jul 12, 2017.

1. dacinch8

dacinch8 Striving on Sweet Iced Tea

2. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Once again, it's been quite some time since I last posted in here but I've got plenty of updates that will be coming along soon.

Anyone remember a year ago when I was thinking of doing an IROC series set? Well, I finally got around to completing that. As a matter of fact, I went ahead and painted two sets. The first set is compiled of 43 champions from across a wide spectrum of racing. Unfortunately I goofed and included an extra champ, so someone will always miss the field in a 43 car event. Initially there was going to be a truck set and a cup set, but I scrapped that and went with only a cup set. The primary/accent colors were determined by the colors on the car run by each respective champion, with the base color being white across the board. Numbers are also the actual numbers of each respective champion. Conflicts were settled by adding a 1 or 0.

The second set is modeled to be a true "what-if" IROC set, with a little bit of an expansion. This field is compiled of 20 drivers: 5 invites to NASCAR, 5 invites to Indy/F1, 4 invites to Touring/Supercars, and 6 invites to any other interested motorsport champions. Car numbers and primary colors were assigned to drivers using a randomizer. The accent color for the official cars is black across the board, and the base color is white.

Another aspect that got changed was the base scheme. I didn't like my old idea anymore, so I painted up the base scheme from the Ron Fellows Sunoco Camaro from the past. Also, each driver is running the decal from their respective series on the front and rear of the car.

Player car:
    upload_2019-8-2_9-22-53.png

Actual Scheme (for the "official" set):
    upload_2019-8-2_9-25-49.png

Actual Scheme (for the "extended" set):
    upload_2019-8-2_9-30-57.png

I'm putting an extremely basic crew together for all of the cars so that they aren't the default red boxes (for those that race with opponent crews on). Once that's complete, I'll probably upload the sets here.

Stay tuned for that as well as more painting updates in the near future.

3. Saan Anguish

More from the paint shop, this time offline league schemes (starting with trucks, and for good reason).

For 2019, no big changes to the schemes, and no driver changes. The biggest change was the new headlights for 2019. I wanted to take a stab at making the new ones myself, and finally got a decent enough reference photo to make it happen.. so here we are!

Marc Madison - #14
    Musco Lighting:
    upload_2019-8-12_17-39-25.png

Bobcat:
    upload_2019-8-12_18-2-37.png

Alvin Henry - #27
    Blackburn Insurance:
    upload_2019-8-12_17-41-40.png

Porter Cable Tools:
    [​IMG]

For those of you that would like to use the headlights, I will be uploading them here at SRD soon. Apologies to the 2048 guys, as these are only in 1024.

Credits:
    Bases - Me
    Logos/Numbers - Me/Google
    Contigs - Me/SRD/Google
    Template - Headlights/Shading (Me), taillights and rest of template from Bill or BER (or a combination of both to be honest).

I'll post more offline paints, and eventually USORL paints soon. Also, I should have the IROC sets posted this week as well.

4. Saan Anguish

Hey guys - now available here in the resources section are the 2019 Fictional IROC Sets! Enjoy!

Speaking of those, I didn't mention it before, but some of the drivers have shared rides. For the EXT set, the cars have both driver names on the door, and each driver has an entry in the roster with the same number. However, for the regular IROC set, the shared rides do not carry both driver names on the door, and both drivers have a separate entry under the same number. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also available now - the 2019 Chevy Silverado Headlights mentioned in the previous post!

InsideLine likes this.
  5. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Thank you very much for this car set! Great looking cars and a fantastic idea! :)

Saan Anguish likes this.
  6. Saan Anguish

Time for some more updates, but a little different direction this time. These are paints or designs that were related to contests.

First up, Busch beer trophy. I honestly have no clue what became of this contest, but the winner was supposed to present the trophy or something like that at the awards ceremony last year.
    upload_2019-10-7_17-10-16.png

Next up, Bubba Wallace Plan B Sales. I just took one of my favorite bases (personal Valvoline base) and added the necessary pieces (Petty Swoosh, Blue for Plan B, etc.). It made it into the 2nd or third group of voting, which was pretty cool by itself. Also did a green version (as it was St. Patty's Day weekend that the scheme was running). Renders by Noah Joyce I believe.
    upload_2019-10-7_17-14-49.png
    upload_2019-10-7_17-16-8.png

Finally, Joey Gase Donate Life. Once again, recycled two previously used bases (personal Valvoline and personal TireRack) in the hopes that they'd catch someone's eye.... needless to say, they didn't, but it was still cool of the team to allow to community to make submissions. Credit to Steven Merzlak on these renders.

upload_2019-10-7_17-18-20.png
    upload_2019-10-7_17-18-45.png

In the next update - probably league cars. Stay tuned!

7. Saan Anguish

League cars? League cars. First up SRD offline league schemes.

This scheme was for the final race of the SRD Indy Series for Cary Rogers, and is based off of the teamliquid uniform combinations. Camo doesn't line up anywhere, and honestly I wasn't going to bother with it.
    upload_2019-10-8_14-16-2.png

Next up, SRD Truck Series.Usually I do a Skyjacker SEMA build for my truck series scheme, but this year I went a different direction and paid homage to BigFoot. The scheme is based off of BigFoot #9.
    upload_2019-10-8_14-21-19.png

Finally - SRD Cup. No sponsor changes really, just some scheme changes (as well as personnel changes). I painted my cars and the cars for Bobby Farrell this season. Both of Bobby's schemes were based off Jimmie Johnson schemes from year's past.

#6 - Sean English - PPG Paints (Thanks to Steven Merzlak for the base idea):
    upload_2019-10-8_14-30-32.png

#46 - Bobby Farrell - Lowe's
    upload_2019-10-8_14-32-10.png

#46 - Bobby Farrell - STP
    upload_2019-10-8_14-32-34.png

8. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Great work Sean.

9. Saan Anguish

Thanks, John!

Next up, SRD Late Model Series schemes. These were just quick recreations on a different mod for the late model series, featuring my personal Valvoline scheme and the K&N Scheme from the #32 of mine.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-2-48.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-3-26.png

Up next, some schemes for the NASCAR Duralast Cup Series, which is a friend's personal offline series. For this scheme, I painted it as a request. Really wasn't sure what to do with the scheme, so i decided to keep and simple. I like the overall end result.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-10-9.png

For my team, I joined forces with Jesse Dalton, and together we created English-Dalton Motorsports. Once again, I brought over my Valvoline scheme. I also got Dietz Nuts on board for a few races.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-12-59.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-13-35.png

10. Saan Anguish

Speaking of EDM in the NDCS, I also painted up schemes for my teammates. Jesse Dalton is in the #9 Wayback Burgere Dodge, while Marc Madison pilots the #69 Gas Monkey Dodge.

upload_2019-10-8_16-15-52.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-16-49.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-16-58.png

Moving right along, the following schemes are from John's offline league. No changes in terms of sponsorship for the EMS #82. For the Falken Tire scheme, we returned to the classic Falken livery. Quikrete retained the same scheme from last year (the OG Valvoline scheme).
    upload_2019-10-8_16-24-43.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-24-57.png

11. Saan Anguish

Also for Falken Tire, we made the "blackout" scheme actually dark this year, and also added red accent lines.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-26-44.png

We also brought the #80 back for a few races this year, driven by Calessa English and featuring her NXS Scheme.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-27-53.png

Speaking of NXS - no personnel or scheme changes here for the most part on the #31 team. The headlights and taillights are my own creation, as well as the front shading on the nose. I also made my own tweaks to the windshield banner as well. No changes were made to the PeaceTea schemes from last season.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-30-19.png

The #32 Team had a few changes in terms of schemes, featuring changes to the K&N Alt scheme.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-33-59.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-34-21.png

12. Saan Anguish

The #32 team also had some changes to their Torrid scheme this season.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-35-7.png

Up next for John's offline league - throwbacks! I always have fun taking these on, and this season was no exception to the. On the truck side of things, the #14 team threw it back the AJ Foyt, while the #27 team threw it back to Rusty Wallace.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-38-25.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-38-57.png

13. Saan Anguish

On the NXS side of things, the #32 team threw it back to Mark Martin, and the #31 team threw it back to Steve Grissom again. On the 32, I redid my headlights and made them smaller to get them a little closer to the 2019 spec. I thought I changed it on the 31 as well, but I never got around to rendering it it seems.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-40-12.png

upload_2019-10-8_16-41-15.png

Finally, on the Cup side of things, I also threw back to Mark Martin, this time when he subbed for Ernie Irvan.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-42-55.png

That wraps up all of my offline paints thus far (I think). Like I said, the retros were a blast to do (and also a pain at times) when it came to finding fonts, modifying logs, etc. to meet my needs, but i love the end results.

Next up? That's right... USORL time!

This scheme is actually from last year, but I realized I never posted it. I was running for NCM at the time. upload_2019-10-8_16-46-51.png

Here's my 2019 ride for the USORL PPG Indycar Series. No render scenes makes for the absolutely bad-ass screenshot straight out of the game. Brought Clarios on board this season because I liked the color palette. I also got too aggravated with the template to complete a Valvoline scheme, so with only a few races left in the season, there likely won't be one.
    upload_2019-10-8_16-52-29.png

14. Saan Anguish

You thought I was done with updates, didn't you Squidward?

Next up are my USORL Whelen Series (ARCA) rides from the most recent season. Switched from the #6 to the #32, and brought a couple new sponsors on board. I also hired Tim Kunkel to run the #23 in the dirt race.

#23 Arizona Tea: Painted this scheme a while back for NASCAR Racing 3, brought it over to NR2K3, and decided to reuse it for Tim. Gotta love last minute sponsor signings lol.
    upload_2019-10-8_18-29-58.png

#32 Mast Bros and Bawls: Bawls came back from last year, and Mast Bros was a new signing (as well as DariMart) to promote some Oregon businesses (got the ideas from my trip out there in March in addition to being a former resident). There's also a clean version of the MastBros scheme that ran a couple races as well. The scheme on this car is based off of their tow-trucks. I made the side decal myself, and while not perfect, it's close enough to the real deal for me.
    upload_2019-10-8_18-38-26.png

upload_2019-10-8_18-39-27.png

#32 BAWLS and Liquid Death: For the Gen4 Races, I brought on all other flavors of Bawls. Additionally, I brought on Liquid Death as a sponsor, just for shiggles.
    upload_2019-10-8_18-40-29.png

upload_2019-10-8_18-40-47.png

15. Saan Anguish

Last but not least, the USORL RedBull Cup. This season, I was signed to drive for Spencer Racing, an EcoBoost Racing affiliate. Since they are a Ford team, I got the approval to run Valvoline, and I got the band back together from previous seasons so to speak. You guessed it - the Valvoline scheme lived on yet again. I also have it in Black.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-19-45.png

upload_2019-10-8_21-24-23.png

Also for Valvoline, I have what I called the Heritage scheme, highlighting their time in green and yellow.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-25-25.png

TireRack.com came with me from last season, so we revamped their scheme as well.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-26-40.png

Tonka also came over, so we created a scheme based off of the Ford TONKA T-Rex.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-28-33.png

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  16. Saan Anguish

Dietz Nuts came on as a new sponsor for this season for a few races as well.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-29-36.png

Asplundh also came on as a new sponsor for a couple races. I painted this scheme for NXS17 initially, and liked it so much that I decided to port it over. It's based off of the Asplundh trucks (black front clip and fenders) and my own additions (forest), and looks sweet IMO.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-31-33.png

For our race this past Saturday at Charlotte, I ran this Atlanta Braves scheme. It's essentially the Nadeu scheme with modern TV stations, and my own interpretation of the hood pattern. I was initially going to run it at the previous race at Dega, but was out of town. It worked out for me, however, since the Braves made the post season and also won the day I ran this scheme.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-33-27.png

At Watkins Glen this year, I ran a Valvoline Scheme featuring Garth Brooks on the hood. I wanted to run a scheme similar to what Keselowski did with Luke Bryan that highlighted the artist on the hood, and since his ran at Watkins Glen, I decided to run mine there as well (since it made the most sense in our schedule).
    upload_2019-10-8_21-36-48.png

For our Richmond music race, I went with Korn's new album titled "The Nothing". I wanted it to be entirely void of color to fit the album, and got the approval to do so. It resulted in this beast.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-38-11.png

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  17. Saan Anguish

Finally, we're at the last scheme. For my throwback this year, I went full Mark Martin to one of my favorite schemes when I was a kid, the flying-v. Here's my own personal interpretation.
    upload_2019-10-8_21-39-39.png

Well, that's all for now guys. This should be everything I've painted over the last few months (and if I find something else, expect more posts lmao). Apologies for the many posts today - hope you enjoy! I have an idea about what I might start painting next, but haven't fully committed to it (or planned out for that matter). Per the usual, stay tuned!

18. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I think you need to run Valvoline as a P/T sponsor on the 82 next season.

Saan Anguish likes this.
  19. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Damn these are all really good especially the Valvoline schemes.

Saan Anguish likes this.
  20. Saan Anguish

One more paint for the last race of the USORL Cup Season, the All-Star Race. This one is the 1994 Valvoline scheme, which is one one of the earliest Mark Martin schemes I remember outside of Winn Dixie. Martin also won the 2005 All-Star race in this scheme as well... unfortunately, I didn't have the same luck he did - but hey, at least the scheme looked good.

upload_2019-10-29_13-4-31.png

Coming soon will be paint schemes for the upcoming USORL BodyArmor Truck Series.